Worst Top Gear ever tonight

Top Gear

• As good as it always used to be.

Votes: 10 9.9%
  • Not as good as it used to be.

Votes: 45 44.6%
  • Nostalgia isn't what it used to be.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Threads about TG not being as good as it used to be, aren't as good as they used to be.

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • Top What?

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • I love Vicky Butler Henderson.

Votes: 27 26.7%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you don't like TG you could always watch The Jump or Mr Selfridge.

What really frustrates me, though, is when someone sees a car and says 'yes, but Top Gear said it was rubbish'. They are suggesting that the programme actually gives balanced opinions!!

Case in point, when Clarkson declared the 135i BMW was rubbish as it 'nearly killed him'. A friend reminded me of how dangerous they are when i stated i was considering one!! (no, i didn't buy one) - Clarkson aquaplaned off the track in monsoon conditions at about 130mph on Michelin Cup Sport tyres - i would criticise the driver's lack of consideration for what they are driving rather than the car!!

I think 99% of us agree it's not a show about cars, personally I'd like to see an Autocar/Auto Express type programme.......Raymond Baxter will be doing back flips let alone rolling!

Having loved cars and worked in the industry for over 40 years I miss a real "car show"

You can forget Woolie Woolard though........;)

Top Gear is what it is: a comic featuring jolly japing overgrown schoolboys with their toys who raise a few laughs. It's ok as light entertainment but I would also like to see a decent, informative motoring programme on our screens.

Yes, indeed so. Just a pity they can't combine a few laughs and review a couple of cars. Then again I suppose reviewing cars for the majority is boring or certainly not as 'entertaining' as upsetting Rednecks or destroying an old Porsche.

Maybe we're just expected to buy the magazine if we want car info?

Unfortunately, it seems a high percentage of viewers need to be entertained to keep their attention. And as it is all about chasing the ratings, 5th Gear has also become more 'entertaining', only less so that TG.

Due to family priorities I haven't watched it yet,looking forward to watching tonight!:)

it used to be that two maybe three episodes a season would be following the "three men mucking about on some kind of test" format and the rest actually featured cars, this season seems to be missing the car part - it must make it more profitable worldwide as it is now but it`s a shame it`s no longer aimed at it`s original audience

They will never top the Fiesta test involving the landing craft in my mind... even William Woolard would have found that funny.

Top Gear

Viz used to famously publish letters saying that the magazine wasn't as funny as it used to be.

Then they said that the letters saying the magazine wasn't as funny as it used to be, weren't as funny as they used to be.

So - Top Gear. Is it as good as it used to be?

To the detractors; your TV has a facility that allows you to change the channel...

What are you saying people can't watch TG hoping something really worthwhile and interesting may appear and then not comment on how poor the show was again. You have clearly missed the points of the 'detractors'. In fact most of the negative comments should be viewed as good & fair criticism.

You can forget Woolie Woolard though........;)

I still remember him talking about the drag co-efficient of a MK2 Astra vs. the MK1 in the usual monotone.

Jes*s f**k!

vicki_butler_henderson_vicki_butler_henderson2_0z1m3O8.sized.jpg

I still remember him talking about the drag co-efficient of a MK2 Astra vs. the MK1 in the usual monotone.

Jes*s f**k!

0.30 Cd if I remember correctly :wallbash::wallbash::wall bash:

Jes*s f**k!

That brings back a few memories. Wasn't Woolard on Tomorrows World also?

In fairness to TG then, the likes of my Dad would actually watch if it happened to be and on and couple of occasions it was a TG review that had in the local BMW dealership.

Jes*s f**k!

Why have a pop at William Woollard discussing drag coefficient? Not sure how old you are, but drag coefficient (or, more specifically, the difference between two seemingly similar cars) was a major aspect of car design and marketing at one point and thus would have quite rightly been addressed in a Top Gear report.

You have to consider it in context: manufacturers were just latching onto the importance of drag in terms of fuel consumption. At that time, you could buy a car with a CD of 0.3 or another, apparently similar car, with a CD of 0.8. Huge difference in fuel economy, top speed, etc. No wonder Top Gear covered it.

Audi's entire launch campaign for the Audi 100 was entirely based around its CD. Nothing else was as important about that car (in Audi's eyes).

And (warming to my theme) why does old Top Gear always get mocked for showing the engine bay? I love engine bays and - in fairness - in the days when Top Gear used to show them, my Dad always wanted to see the engine bay because that was where most owners spent their weekends.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom