Worth getting brand new C63 AMG coupe detailed?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
better than coming on here talking nonsense like some, he's very helpful, professional and always willing to give advise, weather you take it or leave that's down to the individual!

I've not used him or any detailing service before as I enjoy detailing my own cars.:thumb:
Advice...

if you haven't used him, how can you recommend him?

Advice...

if you haven't used him, how can you recommend him?

I've spoken to him a couple of times and he's given me advise which I found helpful.

I've seen some cars on here that he has worked on and the guys who used him here seem to be happy.

I've spoken to him a couple of times and he's given me advise which I found helpful.

I've seen some cars on here that he has worked on and the guys who used him here seem to be happy.

Yeah, this Bloke polished my car better than I could have done, being a neanderthal, and it looks good...innit...

It's advice... ;)

Go tell somebody who cares, init. :)

Gotta be up early tomorrow, make the trip to Olly's, maybe you can come down and teach me a few things...:)

Good night.

Keyboard wars again! Seriously! After all the silly nonsense we had before.

Dieselman I know you have a vendetta against me, but hand on heart the product does not work. I purchased it years ago and done a monster thread on how much it really cost, what it's made of, why it doesn't work and why to avoid having a dealership apply it. Don't get me wrong, supaguard did prove to last longer when it was applied to a car that had a decent prep. It was proven not only to be cheap to buy (to what dealerships use to charge a lot of money for). But to add to insult it was applied to a car that wasn't prepped correctly therefore not being able to bond. So you were left with a protection that was going to last 5 years and nothing would break the barrier. Not even hi tech crystal lacquers and hybrid coatings combined can give you a guaranteed 5 years.

To a well prepped car it showed to last approx 6 to 8 weeks before it completely broke down. This varied a little higher in some places and a little lower in others but was around this time span.

I am not here to hunt clients down to force them to use my services and I think I have proven this by a lot of helpful posts. All I'm doing is trying to steer mb members in the right direction so they don't waste money on a product that doesn't work.

I have lost count of the amount of clients who have come to me for crystal lacquer protection because they had lost all faith in there dealership and there so called 5 year protection.

I appreciate now the product does not claim 5 years now but that's because a lot more people are educated on the matter, so they can not get away with it anymore.

If people want to ask for my help and will give the accurate advice and the best way to accomplish what they want. If they feel its abit to much wizardry then they put the faith in me to put it write and trust that I do the job properly with the highest of standards.

I don't need to prove I'm not a cowboy trying to line my pockets anymore. I have spent years researching products, refining techniques and becoming one of the best in my career. I'm endorsed by dodo juice, g-techniq and come the end of the month, Mitchell and king. I have detailed for other detailers, for detailing firms such as britemax and if you want to ask Dom the CEO of dodo juice he will personally let you know my credentials. If that's not enough take alook at my testimonials page on my website. Intact, here's a testimonial member love day sent me after I recently detailed his car:

I had my vehicle paint corrected and detailed by Mike and what a Phenomenal job he done – That is all I can say.
After being recommended to Mike by many members of the Mercedes Forum I felt immediately confident that he understood the way I like things – and that is perfect.
One rarely encounters such unwavering commitment to provide exactly what he promises.
This work ethic should be applauded whenever possible – Stand up Mike and take your bow!
Steve Loveday

So if you choose to listen to me, thank you, I appreciate it a lot. I will always try to help you
With cleaning your cars and never force you to use me. More with helping you keep your car clean.

If you want to keep having a dig about my posts, answers and who I really am then maybe it's time you put the keyboard down and actually spend some time with your family. Do something positive instead of being so down right negative.

Yeah, this Bloke polished my car better than I could have done, being a neanderthal, and it looks good...innit...

It's advice... ;)

Whilst alot of what you say is really usefull, the rubbish you post on here sometimes just doesn't give a very good impression.

He's got a point, it's not the best and will not last long.

If you want perfect paint work, it has to be detailed properly, not going to be cheap.

and Micheal's work speaks for it self!

better than coming on here talking nonsense like some, he's very helpful, professional and always willing to give advise, weather you take it or leave that's down to the individual!

I've not used him or any detailing service before as I enjoy detailing my own cars.:thumb:

If anyone believes a £300 potion will make their car not get dirty for five years then they need their head examined.

What I can tell you is that after a year, it still works and after 2, its ok but needs re-done.

I've been using my Dads S class and have just washed it. Its had some sort of polymer protection based system (read sealant which is what star guard or super guard is). It was a lot easier to clean than my car.

I've also washed a friends golf for them with this treatment, I borrowed it and thought it would be a polite thing to do to return it clean. Its a doddle compared to any car I have had and thats because of the "dealer grease money treatment".

I am sure detailed has helped you out, in the same way Olly @ PCS has helped me out with advice for car repair etc.

However, I don't doubt, that like an independent garage, that they have a business interest in telling people on forums about the less then postive experiences people have at dealers and with dealer sold products.

Lets be intelligent here, I am sure detailed could do a better job of cleaning my fathers car, and my own, but for someone who likes the idea of an easy to clean car for a year or two and is willing to pay £300 superguard probably isn't that bad an option.

But as you say, the best option cost wise relative the cleanliness of the car, is to do it yourself. I'll be buying some sealant and next time will apply sealant after the wash phase and will find cleaning my car very easy

I was busy detailing the dishes and missed the start of this thread.

I`ll sell you a dishwasher dude,which it has been fully detailed and I`m talking properly here,not supagard crap

Are the dishwasher tablets hand formed between the thighs of blonde haired Filipino virgins ?

I know. Go back to the top and read the thread again and try not to quote me out of context please.

How can I have quoted you out of context, it was your complete post...?

You know, just like Shredded Wheat...nothing added, nothing taken away...

Morning all, im fairly new here after only picking my car up on Friday albeit 2 tanks of petrol down already :) Just been looking around the site and some people seem to recommend getting the car detailed straight away.
I live in Essex and have done some research on a company who look superb. Full exterior detail for around £250-275. Profile, previous work looks superb but I don't want to screw up anything MB may have done with the supagarr stuff. Any ideas/advice? Thanks

I realise this is a bit of a late response but having read the other posts in the thread i thought i would let it cool down a little so to try and help you the OP come to a decision that is, ok from a professional point of view but wont be bias towards detailers or Supagard....

Right here goes...(gets ready for the pre bonfire night fireworks to start)

In the defence of Detailed and Superspec I do know where they are coming from when they say Supagard is a con and wont work....purely because of the way the product is applied not because of the product itself...the reason behind this is that the majority of dealerships have subby's to do the valeting and subsequent application of Supagard or StarGard as it is...the problem with this is that the subby's are often not shown by the area rep of the product how to apply the product which in turn will result in failure....the application process was probably shown to a salesman or someone that should give a shizzle on site approval....it would be his job to show the correct procedure to all new employees of the valeting company....

So in defence of the product I have seen this last for over 18months on a Lexus and it was a pita to remove....it had obviously been applied correctly....BUT....and a big BUT is the affect the product had on the colour...white....it seemed to hold onto all the UV and had not allowed the paint to fade but its adverse affect was yellowing....and quite bad....

So the issue of whether it works or not it is whether its applied correctly....

The only other thing to mention is that NO product is infallible...not even the new Ceramic coatings that are on offer these days....the reason behind it is not one product can stop precipitation happening....not one product can stop fallout....or brake dust....not one product can stop tree sap from falling....if these products were out there it would be merely because the world is over and we have all met our maker....

Now on the subject of whether these products are worth £300-£500 at a dealership....all depends....supagard/stargard/diamond brite etc....no....Ceramic coatings...maybe but dont fall for the never wax again for 2 or 3 yrs jibe....

So imo opinion £300-£500 for a dealership applied product or the same amount for a detailer to apply something that will last a fair chunk of time but will also provide a maintenance regime for you....

The latter hands down....purely because you should never trust a dealership to apply anything to your car simple....

HTH

Interesting post.

Isnt stopping the UV light a bad thing though as the paint underneath it wont match the paint around it? What does "pita to remove" mean?

Lol, thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom