Wot? No Mercedes!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm still enjoying the new Volvo. It's a very easy car to live with. In this weather my wife loves the heated steering wheel! We've had one before on the Range Rover, but this one actually works properly, like the heated grips on my bike.
I knew I'd got a good deal, but I now see my old GLE is still for sale at a price which is just a smidge different from the price they gave me for it:eek:
No way could I have got that price privately, or offered all the dealer service like warranty or PCP. I guess they are not making money on this one, but it makes a cracking car for anyone in the market for one.:)

Used Mercedes-Benz Gle | Cambridge | Marshall Volvo

I'm currently in negotiation with a dealer about a 2018 D5 with 9K on the clock - I've driven it (and a T4 and a D4) and it's a good car.

I went for Inscription spec as I want a powered passenger seat (tilt)

My local dealer is offering delivery mileage R Designs 2019 plate at £25.5K - a fab deal, but the wrong spec for me.

I'm currently in negotiation with a dealer about a 2018 D5 with 9K on the clock - I've driven it (and a T4 and a D4) and it's a good car.

I went for Inscription spec as I want a powered passenger seat (tilt)

My local dealer is offering delivery mileage R Designs 2019 plate at £25.5K - a fab deal, but the wrong spec for me.

Yes, there is very little extra to want on the inscription spec cars.
For me, the Momentum pro ticked all the boxes and had a new car warranty.
I learned that with company cars I would very soon learn to live and enjoy what ever spec they were, so there were really no 'must haves' for me.
Quite the opposite on the GLE which was traded in, in fact there were a number of gadgets on that that I only ever used to check they worked and then never used them again.:dk:

As a Volvo newbie I was not aware of how significant the 'Pro' pack was in terms of spec. (winter pack, adaptive lights, led fogs, head up display, memory seat, keyless, auto wavy foot tailgate opening, bigger wheels, etc)
A Momentum Pro gets to within a whisker of Inscription spec but sadly without the power passenger seat and exterior tinsel.
I'll wager that the 'bargain' R Design cars don't have that pack which really adds a great deal.
The MY2020 cars have a similar 'Plus' pack which again is a significant upgrade but differs in that it gives a rear view camera....at the expense of a spare wheel!

Just check the spec on the car you are interested in to ensure you are getting everything you need.

Lovely car! I hope you enjoy it :)

I love a Volvo, in a way it was my first introduction to cars as my dad had a 740 for years then bought my sister the indestructible 340 which stayed in the family for years and years.

I can't remember how many Volvo 850 model rally cars i built growing up, it was always my favorite though.

More recently my affection was rekindled during a couple of visits to Mercedes waterhouse of all places as they do Volvo's too. I went into the dealership next door for a good look and was also given a T2/T4 ( can't remember which) a week later as a courtesy car which was lovely to drive, if a bit small inside but i did find myself wanting to spend more time with it.

It's back on the table the next car possibly being a Volvo if i find the right one that is and i can still go too Mercedes for the servicing which is even better. :)

Must be a Merc volvo thing lol,

Ive had 2x 340's and 2x 850 t5's, 1x 850 t5r and a 850r

I tuned the most of them the last being 300hp which was more than enough for its fwd lol.

Great cars, proper sleeper's

1st 850 t5
4870_95544247283_924773_n.jpg
MyBannerMaker_Banner_zpscc0732e9.jpg

gul4.jpg

Ive got more lol but i dont want to derail the Op's thread. So i promise i want post anymore. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom