Would an earlier W124 cluster fit a 1994 model?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
>>"ecomomy"

An economy gauge is fairly meaningless on your diesel - it's much more appropriate for a petrol where the gauge is driven by the level of manifold vacuum.

I thought they were just an option and not age related.

The last thing I'd want to look at from my grey leather armchair is fuel economy (lack of)..

When the fuel guage is not visibly moving I'm happy. :D

Ade

I've seen them on some older pre-facelift 124's including diesels i believe....

I'll probably give it a miss then

cheers!

Derek

Mr Ian B Walkers 300E 24V has one and when I borrowed it while he was servicing mine, it put me off pressing the right pedal because the needle sank into the red straight away. [ hope he doesn't read this ] My later facelift coupe doesn't have one

I have a much simpler option: just buy a Dymo labelmaker and print one label:

32 MPG

Then throw the Dymo away and attach the label to the dash

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Mr Ian B Walkers 300E 24V has one and when I borrowed it while he was servicing mine, it put me off pressing the right pedal because the needle sank into the red straight away. [ hope he doesn't read this ] My later facelift coupe doesn't have one
Yes just read this :p, I tend to ignore that gauge, it only depresses you :D

The same effect can be achieved by inserting a large block of wood under the accelerator pedal. This can evidently markedly reduce fuel consumption. I intend marketing the device once I have the patent sewn up. :confused: It will be sprayed traditional Mercedes "inside the boot lid" grey and priced at very reasonable £50-95 plus vat. The AMG version will be sprayed in a specially commissioned "Racing Silver Arrows" aluminium finish and will retail at £599-95 plus VAT.:cool:

The same effect can be achieved by inserting a large block of wood under the accelerator pedal. This can evidently markedly reduce fuel consumption. I intend marketing the device once I have the patent sewn up. :confused: It will be sprayed traditional Mercedes "inside the boot lid" grey and priced at very reasonable £50-95 plus vat. The AMG version will be sprayed in a specially commissioned "Racing Silver Arrows" aluminium finish and will retail at £599-95 plus VAT.:cool:

Put me down for one Graeme. Make it a sportline :)

I think the tend must have started with the 300CE-24. MB didn't want to upset customers by fitting a device that was obsolete when fitted with a high revving engine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom