Would anyone be interested in a mini Benz On The Green gtg after this is over?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes, why not?
If the dates work count the boss and me in.
With luck, we can combine it with another trip to the dockyard

Yes we would come to that, its something to look forward to.

Oh yes!

Pub has a large garden/field, so maybe they will allow the pub to serve at the door and punters to socially distance in the garden/field. At least that what our "local" favourite pub on Romney Marsh is hoping!! (as am I, I'd kill for a pint or three at The star!!)

Well, about this time normally I would just about be ready to set off for tomorrow's ex Benz on the Green.

Every year I leave on the Friday and travel down to MSL, around 2 hours away. I usually get a brew, have a chat with a few and then carry on, making my way through Birmingham and then down to Ollie's place, arriving at PCS around 2:30 - 3:00PM. Sometimes they are there, sometimes at The George setting up. I then head down to my hotel, unpack and chill for an hour or two before heading to the pub to meet up and have a few scoops with the man himself. The Saturday is the day of the meet, so highly organised, which leaves me the Sunday to have a nice relaxing run home again. I'm obviously going to miss all that this time so will be looking forward to the mini one proposed if a date can be determined.

As for this weekend, I think I'll probably just stop in... :(

i usually can't make BOTG as our local Car Club has it's big annual show this Sunday which we start setting up for on the Friday.
Huge amount of cars and all the profit goes to local charities (+£100k donated) so worth the effort and going to be missed.

Me too, staying in, quiet weekend.

Wish I was on my way down again. I'd certainly be interested in a mini event after any lifting of restrictions (which I'm not holding my breath for), subject to the date.

I don't think there'll be a complete lift of restrictions until next year, so whatever we do this year will need some level of restriction with distancing or whatever - should be doable and well worth it though.

Well at 7.30 my alarm went off this morning which would have been my signal to leave my sisters in Surrey for my annual trip down to BOTG. So its now a waiting game to see when we're able to get to some car events.. fingers crossed ill have all my work done

Well at 7.30 my alarm went off this morning which would have been my signal to leave my sisters in Surrey for my annual trip down to BOTG. So its now a waiting game to see when we're able to get to some car events.. fingers crossed ill have all my work done

You'll never have all your work done, you know that Ian. ;)

Every time you finish one job, you always find a new one to start... :D

Not met anyone in the club yet so would love too 👍

Roll on July 4 and we learn whether the pub can let us park in their field and they can put the BBQ up and allow us to meet, Co and I will be down the road like a shot - especially if we are then allowed to go to our friends in Southampton (who were with us at last year's BOTG and loved it) and stay a night or two!! Unfortunately thay've just gone back to Istanbul and won't be back until early July, so that gives Olly and co time to organise!!:D:D

Yes please

Just a thought as we had to cancel BOTG 2020.....

When we are all out of lock down I was thinking about having a mini BOTG later on in the year. What is everyones thoughts?

It would be at the pub (that needs all the help it can get to stay open) PO8 0AU is the postcode. I would try and put on a BBQ and keep it simple.
Oh yes great idea i would be interested to come along.

Only just got here but never been one to turn down a trip to the pub so count me in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom