Would anyone be interested?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

James Rothwell

Car
S500L (W220) PREV- S600L (W140),3x E320, E280, E240, S500, 450SLC, E300D Wagon
Would anyone be interested in a long weekend run to Stuttgart?

We could go via Nurburg. Whilst in Stuttgart we can check out the MB museum, the AMG factory, the Porsche factory/museum, the TV tower and there is an old schloss.

If anyone is interested I don't mind putting together some figures and plans. I've done the drive many many times and have done most of the sights in Stuttgart now. Would be nice to do it in the Summer as the city is nice in the summer and Nurburg is fantastic in Summ months.

Yes James I would be interested. You would have to give me a 24 hour start as I would be in my W124 300D. Mrs trapperjohn may be interest too.

Hrm, my mum warned me about meeting people off the internet, and we have a run planned down to Monaco at some point - but I think I'd be interested in this, yes..

Could be also here :)

Will

Would anyone be interested in a long weekend run to Stuttgart?

We could go via Nurburg. Whilst in Stuttgart we can check out the MB museum, the AMG factory, the Porsche factory/museum, the TV tower and there is an old schloss.

If anyone is interested I don't mind putting together some figures and plans. I've done the drive many many times and have done most of the sights in Stuttgart now. Would be nice to do it in the Summer as the city is nice in the summer and Nurburg is fantastic in Summ months.

might I suggest you look at planning it to coincide with the Sindelfingen annual international street fair, it is a great weekend and would offer Evening entertainment to supplement all the museum visits. I seem to remember that it is held in June every year. Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to go, but it is just a thought as you want to go down near there anyway, also Sinsheim museum is on the way down and a good collection of Mercedes are in there as well

What a good idea, work permitting, count me in. About time the AMG was given its legs on an autobahn..

yes, definitely interested

I am also interested, and would like to take in the Nurbergring on a date that its open ( been twice on business in the area when it was closed:doh:)

Can thoroughly recommend the Mercedes and Porsche museums, went to both last week. Had no idea you could visit the AMG factory though, that's rather gutting...

If I have another MB then probably, in the Astra? Erm, doubt it :eek:

It'd be good to do something before I sign my life away to the wonders of hard work :p

Certainly interested as long as it does not coincide with holiday to South of France.

This has been mentioned a few times before, and never anything has come yet. A lot of planning needs done to get everyone who is going for the dates to suit, cost of going, etc.

Looks like a good bash and if wasnt already doing a euro trip I would go.

sounds great, if its close to le mans weekend (mid june) then i could be snookered with time off work and the Mrs wouldnt understand me wanting to go on another roadtrip across europe.
In priciple count me in

Great support guys.

Nurburgring is open most days now, although it is occasional closed for a few hours for tourist driving as they rent it out to manufactures to test cars/tyres/brakes whatever.

A suggested plan would be.

Leave Dover by either eurostar or ferry (we shall vote as costs differ hugely) on Day 0 quite late in the day maybe 5pm. Drive from Calais/Dunkirk to Koln, I know a good value big hotel on the outskirts on Koln with a nice bar downstairs. The following day we'll do the other 80km to the ring and frollick there for the day, in the afternoon as the track starts to wind down head down to Stuttgart and head out for dinner and a few beers. The following 2 days do museums/factory tours/touristy things.

I'm happy with driving back from Stuttgart in one day, but not sure if it would be everyones cup of tea, perhaps we should break it up into 2 drives maybe going home via Luxembourg as it's a beautiful city and if anyone smokes, cheap nicotine sticks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom