Would anyone be interested?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm happy with driving back from Stuttgart in one day, but not sure if it would be everyones cup of tea, perhaps we should break it up into 2 drives maybe going home via Luxembourg as it's a beautiful city and if anyone smokes, cheap nicotine sticks.
Yup. We do the drive to/from that part of Germany overnight with just a single short fuel/toilet stop (apart from the channel crossing), but it's fairly demanding.

Not quite the Nordschleife ;) but close to Stuttgart there's a nice old race circuit which is now public road:

Solitude Track Info

Was used for Motorcycle and F1 type car races from the '20s to '60s.

On the main straight the pits still exist, and there's a control tower with Mercedes on it plus a few other buildings.

OK, so time to start proposing dates? Will help resolve numbers and provide momentum - keen to go now, having read Palmball's 'Fear and Lusting in Affalterbach' thread :D

I can't go next month or May as colleagues are away and I need to be at work almost everyday. June I'm going to Dubai again for a bit so that writes off most of the month. Could do July perhaps or August (but only the first 2 weeks of) and certainly can't to September because of the the registrations come out and it's the end of a quarter so I'll be busy.

So, July or August. Is that possibly with everyone?

do we have some provisional dates? I have a yes in principle from the Mrs:thumb: Just need dates and approx costs, and book the coupe in for a service and once over in anticipation of some autobahn action

Well it looks like for me now it will probably need to be towards the end of the year, which may suit others as it gives you more time to work on your better halves.

I'm going to see my parental devices in UAE in June and probably going away in end July/August to the Sahara, a kind of overland tour of Morroco and Western Sahara (I'll make another post about this as I'd like other peoples thoughts, sadly not in a G-Wagen though...) and I can't go away in September as it's the new 60-plate coming out and I'll have a million handovers to get through in that month. Maybe October then?

Can't believe I'm planning a trip in OCTOBER 2010. That's mental!!

Maybe best thing to do would be to put down our names and a month that would suit us best, you can choose between OCT/NOV/DEC

For example.

1. James Rothwell (James) - OCT/NOV/DEC

I can do all 3 months, pending nobody else books the time off at work in the mean time.
Just had a thought, if we did end up making it December we could do a Christmas market stop in Brussells as they have a huge market there at Christmas and it's very pretty there and some nice food to be had.

Do not forget to research your (individual!) positions re the Emission Badges and any LEZ's you might want to pass through and get one if needed or face fixed fines.

Not like the London LEZ that applies only to heavy vehicles, these exclude mopeds, motorcycles, machinery, ambulances and original vintage cars over 30 years old but all other vehicles including cars, vans, coaches and HGVs will have to display an Emission Badge.

Yes, it is a complete Envirobabble PITA and what comes of having Greens as a meaningful political party.

Emission Standard

Petrol before 01.01.1993 No Badge (Euro I)

Petrol after 01.01.1993 Green (Euro IV)

Diesel before 01.01.1997 No Badge (Euro I)

Diesel from 01.01.1997 - 31.12.2000 Red (Euro II)

Diesel from 01.01.2001 - 31.12.2005 Yellow (Euro III)

Diesel from 01.01.2006 Green (Euro IV)

http://www.umwelt-plakette.de/umweltplakette/Karten Umweltzonen D/UZ-BRD-GR-oCC-eng.pdf

Oh and BTW i would vote for mid December, already intending to go to Munich for the Christmas market and then on to Austria for a spot of skiing!

Except I have just clocked that from 1 December only EU4's will be allowed into central Munich, which sort of limits my hotel options with an EU3.....

Last edited:
Of course the Stuttgart Beer Festival runs from the 24th September to the 10th of October. Apparently the second largest in Germany after Munich and is held next door to the Mercedes Museum; I know, I stumbled upon it quite by accident last year. Looking for an excuse for a road trip there with a couple of my buddies, so possibly count me in if the dates align.

Of course the Stuttgart Beer Festival runs from the 24th September to the 10th of October. Apparently the second largest in Germany after Munich and is held next door to the Mercedes Museum; I know, I stumbled upon it quite by accident last year. Looking for an excuse for a road trip there with a couple of my buddies, so possibly count me in if the dates align.

So that's settled the dates then:). Let me know what is decided..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom