Would anyone buy a e63 private sale?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
When the manufacturer's warranty ran out on my M6 I took out a core component warranty with Warranty Direct for around £25 pm.

As the name suggests it covers main components, including engine, gearbox, transmission, ECUs and computers, supercharger, turbocharger, flywheels & drive plates. For me it gives peace of mind should something serious happen, like the engine goes pop and I'd likely face a £30k battle with BMW. I added a small extra to have any necessary work done by BMW.

I hope to never use it but if I need to (and it works) I think it's good value and a compromise between a full warranty and accepting the substantial risk of no warranty. For a private buyer I think it's worth considering.

You can, Mercedes will if you have dealer history and following a healthy check over and diagnostic scan

Third party warranty companies also do the same, although one to mention was Motoreasy when I inquired about this, their health check and inspection would be carried out by Halfords
Not sure what you’re disagreeing with? You can buy a car privately and purchase a warranty, but it won’t cover pre-existing faults.

Not sure what you’re disagreeing with? You can buy a car privately and purchase a warranty, but it won’t cover pre-existing faults.

Apologies I didn’t word it the best, I was agreeing and adding to that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom