Would I be totally mad?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartK

MB Enthusiast
Car
F82 M4
And I know I'm going to get a biased answer but...

I keep getting strong thoughts about ordering a focus RS :dk:

A fine car I'm sure, but after a C63 I think underwhelming in the noise dept and looks.

Is it the fuel saving pushing you in this direction?

And I know I'm going to get a biased answer but...

I keep getting strong thoughts about ordering a focus RS :dk:

I think that's a fantastic idea and a great car.

The interiors are grotty plastic ****e, the blue in the logo doesn't even stay on.

You've got a C63. A fast, luxury car. What you're proposing is buying a ridiculous FWD rust bucket with an abysmal interior.

When you need it, you've a classy car that fits in everywhere. A Focus RS is a downgrade, for those so desperate for performance, they put that above all else. Now you've got both, yes you're mad.

EDIT: Unless you mean a brand new one (just re-read 'ordering'). In that case, I can't comment as I didn't even know they were making a new RS, but it's probably still ****. Nobody goes from a Merc to a Ford unless they've lost their job, unless you're Nick Mercedes, but I can't figure him out either.

Last edited:
Make an appointment with the doctors immediately ........you have issues

Lol that's that decided then!

I was more thinking for a work hack lol. It's bugging me putting so many miles on the C

:D

Last edited:
A fine car I'm sure, but after a C63 I think underwhelming in the noise dept and looks.

Is it the fuel saving pushing you in this direction?

To be fair I don't really know why I started looking and I think I'm just being crazy. I have been changing cars every 3-6 months for about 3 years now I think I have issues.

I get bored very easily :wallbash:

If this was 5 years ago and the Mk2 I would say do it..... but now... Nah!

Not mad at all Stu. Our resident MB salesman JBD (James) has one on order. I think it's due at the end of March.

It says a lot when a Merc dealer orders another marque doesn't it? It maybe goes to show that being surrounded by Mercs all your working days may well dilute the excitement and make you crave something else.

Ant.

Not mad at all Stu. Our resident MB salesman JBD (James) has one on order. I think it's due at the end of March.

It says a lot when a Merc dealer orders another marque doesn't it? It maybe goes to show that being surrounded by Mercs all your working days may well dilute the excitement and make you crave something else.

Ant.

Thanks for that! :doh:

I've drive Mercs all day, so I don't feel bad ordering the RS. I don't care about the interior plastics, it's 10 grand less than an equivalent A45. I'm just buying it for a bit of fun and the reviews are really really good. Can't wait

It's good to see a car salesman who is actually turned on by cars. An RS is in a long line of hard core Fords and is a great car. Just park it round the back, the OAPs might have a shock...

I've drive Mercs all day, so I don't feel bad ordering the RS. I don't care about the interior plastics, it's 10 grand less than an equivalent A45. I'm just buying it for a bit of fun and the reviews are really really good. Can't wait

Having re-read my post it came across as a criticism. For from it James, it was said with admiration and envy. :D

Can't wait to hear all about it. I've been a Ford man most my life.

Ant. :thumb:

That's really encouraging that given you could have an a45 likely with big discount you still went for the rs.

Food for thought. I doubt I'll do it but it does seem a great car!

Nice to see a petrol head car salesman.

That's really encouraging that given you could have an a45 likely with big discount you still went for the rs.

Food for thought. I doubt I'll do it but it does seem a great car!

Nice to see a petrol head car salesman.

Good luck if you do order one. I ordered October last year and it's expected may/June now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the added cost is of course the mandatory cap which must be worn backwards,or to the side like Norman Wisdom,not sure where you are in life span, but given you own a C63 I would have thought the Ford which is no doubt a great car of it's type,but must be a very poor second to the car you own, can you see yourself turning up at the golf club in it will the clubs even go in,no go and lie down in a dark room until these crazy thoughts go away.

Good luck if you do order one. I ordered October last year and it's expected may/June now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I reckon 2017 now!!!

Well the added cost is of course the mandatory cap which must be worn backwards,or to the side like Norman Wisdom,not sure where you are in life span, but given you own a C63 I would have thought the Ford which is no doubt a great car of it's type,but must be a very poor second to the car you own, can you see yourself turning up at the golf club in it will the clubs even go in,no go and lie down in a dark room until these crazy thoughts go away.

Yeah I must admit it is a step backward but that's not necessarily a bad thing with the 4wd it makes it more usable in the uk.

I'm getting grief at home about how much I spend/waste. It was a thought to try and appease by saving a whole load of cash.

Buy an RS Focus and you can wear whatever you want (baseball cap on/off or any way round) as no one is going to see which way you went - let alone what you're wearing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom