Would SL alloys fit on W210

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L_A

Car
E280 cdi SPORT
Would it be possible to fit SL alloys on a W210 the wheels are:

8.5j front 255/40/18
9.5j rear 285/35/18

Also can I use my standard M12 bolts as the SL comes with M14 bolts however they both have radial seats. The SL bolts look a lot shorter in length.

What are the offsets? SL s generally have a lower offset meaning the wheels will come further out to the arches and in some cases foul the arches.

No, you shouldn't use the bolts as the radial seat will be a different size and will not mount the wheels properly.

You need M12 bolts with a M14 seat. They are becoming more common these days.

Alloywheelsdirect sell them?

Thanks for that from the list it seems like they will fit however the front tyres maybe a bit wide.

Still not sure how to overcome the problem with the bolts as they are both radial heads would it be ok to use my original bolts just that the SL has M14 bolts and mine are M12

Rear wheels 9.5j et33
Front wheels 8.5j et30

They will be very close to the arches. You'll either need arches rolling or narrower tyres fitted.

You should go down one tyre size anyway for the correct rolling radius for your speedo.

As stated before, do not use your existing bolts to drive on the wheels. If you want to test fit the wheels then fine, but don't over tighten them as they can cause damage to the seat of the alloy.

Made a few calls today two different companies have told me that it is safe to use the M12 bolts as long as they are radius seats and the seats in the wheels are radius.

Take the bolts and wheels to an engineer and he will show you why they shouldn't be used.

Name and shame the cowboy companies that you called.

Performancealloys.com were one which were basically selling me the same bolts I already have the M12 radius and said they would be fine it's only after questioning them I realised they were the same bolts I
Already have.

However alloy wheels direct have advised me to use bolt pack 4 from the following link which seem to be the ones to use

http://www.alloywheelsdirect.net/option/bolt_packs

When Chris first started alloy wheels direct he was only 15 mins down the road from me. I popped in to get some spacers and wheel bolts and we did a little experiment to find the most suitable bolts for my replica wheels. We dabbed some paint on M12 and M14 bolts and gently pushed them into the seat. Once the bolts were removed it was easy to see the contact patch. The replica wheels were closer to M14 but not perfect.
We then replicated this process on some genuine wheels to see how the different bolts seated.
This is how I know for sure that the bolts are not interchangeable.

Thanks V12 I will get wheel bolts and drop front tyre size hopefully it should work thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom