Would this make a nice 1st merc for me.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chriswt

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 C320cdi Sport, S-Max 2.0T Titanium Sport, 1974 Triumph Stag (needing restoration)
I didn't know these things were so cheap:

2002 CLK500 with 64k on the clock and mine for £13.5k. Would it be a better bet than an older CLK55?

I need to get myself a Merc at some point before I get chucked off this forum (still regretting not buying Stringbags C43 :mad: )!!

Attachments

• CLK500.jpg
    CLK500.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 134
go on; do it!

Seriously though; only get it if you REALLY like it. otherwise get EXACTLY what you want

go on; do it!

Mattc I think you need to be more carefull with who's posts you reply too. That is an extremely irresponsible thing to say to me...do you realise how stupid I am when it comes to cars and spending money. :D :D

I've already talked myself into spending a few grand on a new Hifi because of the people's advice on this forum (see off-topic hifi thread!!):crazy:

The missus has only got to say "oh I like that car" and I'm onto Autotrader to see what my chances of ownership are like!!!

A frind has one of these and its a very quick car... Here is the comparison between a few

C36 280bhp
C43 306bhp
2001 CLK55 347bhp
2003 CLK500 306bhp

Go get it!!!

I'm assuming that without any spare parts requiring that mega expensive A.M.G embossing process it will be a little cheaper to maintain than a CLK55?

Quite a rare car the CLK500.

Its a big lump up front but it is a cracking engine.

Irresponsible advice....

Chriswt...

seems quite a few of us are irresponsible on this site eh :rolleyes:

What was the ld Nike slogan...yes I remember..Just Do it!

Just hope you can keep the missus "on side"

of course as an alternative...

get an E500!

Older but better built: all i have investigated have MASSES of history as the owners could afford to maintain them properly.

Very understated and similar horsepower to the CLK500

"give in to the dark side, Luke":p :D

Black C55..... Are these good motas?? i.e rust free unlike the old sieve rust bucket CLKs...

get an E500!

Older but better built: all i have investigated have MASSES of history as the owners could afford to maintain them properly.

Very understated and similar horsepower to the CLK500

"give in to the dark side, Luke":p :D

Were all the E500's cack hand drive? Or did they produce some RHD ones in later models?

Cack handed only (unless someone converted one themselves:eek: ) IIRC

Sorry Chriswt, i forgot to mention that:eek: - I am looking for one for high days and holidays only so not worried myself

just went to have a look at a 2001 ml 55 amg with 87k on the clock for 9950.
I did not know they depreciate that quick.

Ouch! what was one of them branded new recycled?

Cack handed only (unless someone converted one themselves:eek: ) IIRC

Sorry Chriswt, i forgot to mention that:eek: - I am looking for one for high days and holidays only so not worried myself

Now a E500 would be a very nice motor to own. I love 'em but LHD would be annoying in London.

Hello,

Looks very undertsated given its a 5.0 V8 and i like that. Have to say for me not over keen on colour.

If you go and see it, like it and the deals a good one then go for it at that price its losing little now.

As for the ML55's they drop like a stone, dread to think what mpg is, I used a friends ML500 and that was doing 12 mpg round town...

The CLK looks like a good buy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom