Would u buy an a35 / cla35 without ambient.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It’s a coupe cla 35. Spec wise it has all I want minus the screens and ambient. It’s a private sale. It’s also around 7 hours drive from me.. it’s the cheapest cla35 in the country by quite some margin but just the lack of tech putting me off. Not sure why someone would Spec ride control, 19” wheels, night pack ( all key options ) but miss ambient and larger screens.. oddball
Edit

If it’s the LR69 car on Autotrader, it’s had those wheels and the night pack added. It’s a standard CLA35 and it’s not possible to add those separately from the factory.

Last edited:
It’s a coupe cla 35. Spec wise it has all I want minus the screens and ambient. It’s a private sale. It’s also around 7 hours drive from me.. it’s the cheapest cla35 in the country by quite some margin but just the lack of tech putting me off. Not sure why someone would Spec ride control, 19” wheels, night pack ( all key options ) but miss ambient and larger screens.. oddball
I would wait for the car with the tech you want, otherwise it will always be a regret. I had to retrofit certain options to get the car upto spec, but much more expensive to do, always better to get a car with the options included, cheaper then retrofit. Patience is the key. Its like busses really, once you buy a car, then plenty come along with the spec you want😒

I think the answer to the importance of the "missing" options question is different.

Ambient Lighting adds a "wow factor" to an A180d, but only at night. The a CLA35 already has a substantially bigger wow factor: performance. And that "wow" appears 24x7.

The smaller instrument display is perhaps a different matter in that you're using it constantly, so it's more a usability matter than a totally flippant cosmetic one. Only you can decide if that irritates you enough to continue your search and pay a premium price to get the wide display.

I'd liken it to the difference between Illuminated Door Sills and the Driving Assistance Package. My first E63 had both, my second E63 had only the Driving Assistance Package. I didn't miss the Illuminated Door Sills one iota, but I wouldn't have bought the second car without the Driving Assistance Package.

I think the answer to the importance of the "missing" options question is different.

Ambient Lighting adds a "wow factor" to an A180d, but only at night. The a CLA35 already has a substantially bigger wow factor: performance. And that "wow" appears 24x7.

The smaller instrument display is perhaps a different matter in that you're using it constantly, so it's more a usability matter than a totally flippant cosmetic one. Only you can decide if that irritates you enough to continue your search and pay a premium price to get the wide display.

I'd liken it to the difference between Illuminated Door Sills and the Driving Assistance Package. My first E63 had both, my second E63 had only the Driving Assistance Package. I didn't miss the Illuminated Door Sills one iota, but I wouldn't have bought the second car without the Driving Assistance Package.
Agree totally about the ambient lighting being a wow factor after sunset, during the long summer days one hardly sees it.

Edit

If it’s the LR69 car on Autotrader, it’s had those wheels and the night pack added. It’s a standard CLA35 and it’s not possible to add those separately from the factory.
Yep that’s the one, it’s been purchased from MB so maybe they added the packs, not sure.. I’ve decided to hold off for now, keep looking for a 35 or 45 series. Cheers

My ex partner went for the basic spec A35 when they came out as there weren't many to choose from and he saved as it was a pre reg and that was just the single display like your photo rather than the 2 displays side by side behind the steering wheel. No ambient either. He didn't regret buying it.
There are more coupes around than estates in the cla so you have more chance of finding what you want than if you wanted the estate model.
14 hours is a long way to travel. I suppose it depends how much cheaper it is than what you really want.
The cla35 model doesn't seem to be getting snapped up at the moment. Some of them on the autotrader website were for sale when I was looking for a 45.
From what’s I’ve seen. Any cla35’s sub 40k have been snapped up fast. Usually by dealers to sell for profit, usually they’ve had the 5 spoke / multi spoke 19” wheels, ambient and twin 10” screens.. if u look now most cars are priced around the 38-40k mark depending on miles / year / spec..

From what’s I’ve seen. Any cla35’s sub 40k have been snapped up fast. Usually by dealers to sell for profit, usually they’ve had the 5 spoke / multi spoke 19” wheels, ambient and twin 10” screens.. if u look now most cars are priced around the 38-40k mark depending on miles / year / spec..
How much are the one’s without the twin 10” screens and ambient, I ask because if it’s a big difference, then you could ask the guys in the link below if they can retrofit the twin screen, and what cost, then you could decide if you want to go down the retrofit route. They retrofitted my
digital screen, they are sponsors on this forum, and are highly regarded on here.

Just checked on Autotrader, all cla with premium plus, 2020, which has all the bells and whistles are around 45-47k. The premiums around 38-39k, and there is the one private seller at 35k. So quite a price difference, if my search is correct.

Just checked on Autotrader, all cla with premium plus, 2020, which has all the bells and whistles are around 45-47k. The premiums around 38-39k, and there is the one private seller at 35k. So quite a price difference, if my search is correct.
35k black one is the one I’m looking at. I’ll pm the guys above and see how much a large screen retro would be.. most of the premium and some of the prem plus cars don’t even have the ride control - quite a rare option. What do u think of the pricing of the 35k black one..

35k black one is the one I’m looking at. I’ll pm the guys above and see how much a large screen retro would be.. most of the premium and some of the prem plus cars don’t even have the ride control - quite a rare option. What do u think of the pricing of the 35k black one..
It’s a good price, compared to the others,if the car is what it’s advertised to be. But the question is, is it the car you want, reading between the lines, you want one with widescreen and ambient, spending that much money, there should be no doubts in YOUR mind.

There are not many around for sale unfortunately.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom