Would you bring a ship in here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeh i would have a lash the tugs do most of the work! :eek:

Tony.

And a billion microwave ovens, wide screen TV's and expresso coffee makers reach safe haven. ;) Is it just me or do these container ships all look on the point of capsize? :dk:

I must be missing something, what was hard about that? :crazy:

They need to fit MB Park Assist.

nice!

The ships we bring into felixstowe can be unto 398m long (Emma Maersk etc) and when its busy we have to berth them to an accuracy of 1 foot, with 15m between ships...

Yeh i would have a lash the tugs do most of the work! :eek:

Tony.[/QUOT

It is about time the tugmasters recieved the recognition.
I was master of a tug for 20yrs ranging from small harbour tugs to master of an ocean going salvage tug.
The pilot gets the limelight but i always would tell people that if the tugs did not turn up then the pilot was in sh-t street. If the pilot did not turn up the tugs would not notice the difference.
All tongue in cheek of course. I have many times appreciated the local knowledge of a pilot when docking in a foreign port on a dark stormy night.

I have enough trouble bringing a yacht into a marina berth, waiting for that gust of wind across the deck to blow me onto the other yacht alongside. Scary!

Yes, I think all concerned can give themselves a pat on the back, was very blustery on the way in and they kept that ship in perfect location right through the process.
I had no idea they could be so accurate, during the rotation, there is a bar just off the bow that you guys may not be fully aware of, that is why they were so slightly "off centre" when spinning it around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom