Would you buy a car from a trader who had more than one really poor review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

seven

Car
Transporter Kombi
I won't make this a long post on a Saturday evening,so,to précis:
Trader has a car I like. A little google research brings up(in the first three results) a disappointed customer(not the only one). Seems he bought a car(and not a cheap one) that had a bucket full of problems. Tried to resolve with dealer who wasn't having it and even sent someone round to try and intimidate him. Ended up in court where dealer lost and was ordered to reimburse customer. He never did comply with court order. Threatened to wind up the company and/or bankrupt himself.
Now I know that you can get it checked out beforehand,but would you buy a 20K car from someone like this?

Problem.
Threat.
Court.
Compensation.
Non-payment.

Look at all of the above.

If you still want to proceed then you should donate me the C63 Estate you already have. Call it a taxation for not seeing through this.

Short and sweet! I know that every business if it has traded for long enough will have some customers that are not 100% happy. Just like eBay it's the negative feedback that catches your attention.

There will always be negative feedback about businesses, but unless the complainant is an utter fantasist, the clue that they are best avoided is the use of intimidation and failing to comply with a court order.

That is not the behaviour of someone you should touch with a bargepole.

Short and sweet! I know that every business if it has traded for long enough will have some customers that are not 100% happy. Just like eBay it's the negative feedback that catches your attention.

On the very basis of this point, I would give the dealer the benefit of doubt.

Right up to the point he ignored the court order. Assuming this is fact, then there is no excuse for this and it would be a big no from me. Even if a company does have unhappy customers to the point where court is the only option (happens with the biggest of companies in many cases), if the court makes a ruling then it should be adhered to.

If you're absolutely desperate for the car, then you need to ask yourself if you would ever need to rely on this dealer after driving away in your new car. For instance, if the car is still under manufacturers warranty and you get it professionally checked beforehand, you may be able to satisfy yourself that, however bad the dealer is, you will never have to see them again. But I am clutching at straws here for you :crazy:

But I am clutching at straws here for you :crazy:

Agreed. And that is what I don't want to do. It is the non compliance with a court order that worries me. Not to mention the 'intimidation'- although that is open to interpretation. The court order is not.

I should maybe add that this guy seems to have about half a million pounds worth of vehicles in stock. Can't all be bad surely? Yes,I know,it's my call!

I should maybe add that this guy seems to have about half a million pounds worth of vehicles in stock. Can't all be bad surely? Yes,I know,it's my call!

I'll collect the C63 tomorrow if you send me your address.

The half a million value may well be owed to someone else ie the Bank, with shaped pears you would be at the back of the queue. Look elsewhere, there are plenty of cars around.

I think you are mad.

There is a local dealer to me where I got a BMW Z4, I won't go into details but he went mental when I asked them to sort the smallest of issue.

My sister inlaw got an 330D and Audi TT from the same dealer, both had issues and when she called to get them sorted he lost it to the extent of threatening to set fire to the cars.

The garage has been open for years, still is and sells stacks of Audis / BMWs.

I would really take people's feedback onboard and spend that £20k somewhere else.

Meet you halfway if you like. Seems like the fair option.

Wouldn't want you to walk home ....

It's what you'll end up doing if you buy from this nugget.

Advice taken on board guys. Thanks very much. Collecting in the morning.

You know I'm joking!

I would.

Use it to your advantage; drill him right down on the price by saying you'll buy the car as a trade sale with no comebacks, then get your own warranties etc.

Take a mechanic with you as well, to have a good look over it.

Advice taken on board guys. Thanks very much. Collecting in the morning.

You know I'm joking!

Of course. Closed on Sundays.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom