Would you let your mrs drive your C63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How else does one get home from the pub in winter if it's not c/o the marital taxi?
Love to be driven in my car especially by a pretty woman. (occasionally I let the Mrs drive it too)
'definitely' is the answer SpearJ

I drive the E300TD.
Mrs J drives the E430.

Sometimes she lets me drive it !!

l let her drive the 930 turbo (cringe ) I guess she paid for it .But hands off the 120 vito -always kerbs the wheels

She tried it once and decided she needed to use the clutch to change gear.......luckily no one was behind.
After that she said i will stick with the yaris.....i agree :)

The bride probably does more miles in the car than I do.....:crazy: As i'm too busy earning £££££ in the company Sprinter.

PS. My new 507 arrives December 5th.......:bannana: I intend to do more miles in the new one.....:thumb:

My mrs drives all my vehicles except my bike she has not passed her test for it
i think she would have a go otherwise
class wife

As we seem to be resurrecting this thread, I have to admit that I wouldn't like my wife driving the CLK, but this is just because she only passed her test 12 days ago. She drove the last one when she was learning - her instructor commented that it was the only time he had seen L-plates on a CLK!

I did get her a very nice new Hyundai i10 on the day she passed, so she's quite happy playing with that for now.

However, I noticed yesterday when I brought the new CLK home that she referred to the i10 as being hers and to the CLK as being "ours"...

Reminds me of years back when I bought a new E46 M3, it was about a month old and we were at a football/activity day at a massive park.
My Mrs took the car to take her mum home and some random woman came up to me and said 'How can you let her drive that car?' I said 'she's my wife' and she goes 'but what if she crashes it?' 'it's insured', 'but how can you let her drive it?'
"It's just a damn car!!! Who are you anyway?'
Still remember that day. I can't understand why people get so precious over a material possession, yes something can happen, but you will get over it.
I even let my freinds drive my cars.
Which brings me to -- Friday evening I picked up a beautiful Magnetite C63 coupe, PP and full spec, just what i was after.
I only drove it to get home through the rush hour and when I got home my wife said 'wow, what a lovely car, you didn't tell me you were getting that today, anyway I'm going out tonight can I use it?'
I said 'sure leave the book pack so I can read through and be very careful it's way more powerful than anything you have driven and it has absolutely no traction.'

So, short answer, YES

I let my wife once drive my e55 and before she left I told her whatever you do please just avoid the kerbs ,she only had to do about 4miles and when she returned she managed to kerb my front wheel that was it I told her to stick with her rav4 because I don't want to have to go to lepsons every week !!!!

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

I've always had a fantasy about Vicky Butler-Henderson.

I guess I'd let her drive… …

No the OP is from Norfolk and they're both married to his Mum.

Ahem Ahem.

Just one moment.

I'm not a Norfolk native but as a time served resident I can tell you that all the jokes and gybes about 'family relationships' hereabouts are absolute nonesense.

Except those that include the neighbour's goat.

Jerry.
Son of Donald Patrick.
Brother of John David.
Friend, but not relative, of Billy.

The Picanto is mine, the CLK convertible is. Mrs Ted's
She can drive my car any time she likes as long as she lets me drive hers.

Ha ha, love this old thread! But to be honest as a newbie C63 owner I guess it's relevant for me.
Mrs A is fully insured and although she has taken it for a run, I don't think she is at home with it so will stick to her Fiat 500s. I guess it's a size thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom