Would you like £500? We are hiring!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alexanderfoti

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Some MB's
We are currently hiring for 2 positions. Additionallty, if you refer a candidate that is employed by us, we will give you a £500 referral reward.

What's on offer?

A welcoming work environment that values its employees and nurtures their professional growth.
The opportunity to advance your career, possibly even towards becoming a Garage Manager!
A chance to join a smaller company with an steadfast commitment to service excellence and a rapidly expanding business.
Monday to Friday - Flexible working hours and part time applicants welcome.
Salary from 25k to 55k dependant on experience.

Do You Have What It Takes?

Proven experience as a mechanic.
Strong knowledge of Mercedes vehicle systems and components across various models would be a bonus
Proficiency in using diagnostic tools and equipment, specifically Xentry/DAS/HHT (or a strong willingness to learn).
The ability to handle heavy objects and perform physical tasks.
Detail-oriented with stellar problem-solving skills.
Excellent communication and teamwork abilities.
Ability to manage your own time.
Clean UK Driving Licence
Demonstrable diagnostic experience.

If you're a Mercedes and Mechanics enthusiast with the skills and experience to excel in this role, AMF can't wait to hear from you! Join their dedicated team of mechanics and play a crucial role in delivering high-quality repairs and restorations to their valued customers.

If you are in the process of finishing your apprenticeship we want to hear from you too!

431239566_903344718464860_5914576320142117232_n.jpg

Long way to go to work......

Long way to go to work......
It is but would you not for 55K a week. Read the add. Although I suppose 25K a week isn't too bad as I fulfil 2 out of 9 points of the criteria:thumb:

Joking aside, hope you get the right person.
Me:doh:

Not sure it was a great idea to advertise your need for mechanics

Everybody I have spoken to in recent weeks across a multitude of business, trades and occupations cannot get staff.

And it's not the pay rates or salaries they are offering either.

There is just no pipeline of youth, let alone experience (or talent)

What the hell are the school leavers doing?
They can't all be You Tubers?

Is there a case for immigration
Don't answer that, this isn't a political thread....

Alex, MBS in Southampton have the same problem as you, if that's any comfort (it's not you ;))

Everybody I have spoken to in recent weeks across a multitude of business, trades and occupations cannot get staff.

And it's not the pay rates or salaries they are offering either.

There is just no pipeline of youth, let alone experience (or talent)

What the hell are the school leavers doing?
They can't all be You Tubers?

Is there a case for immigration
Don't answer that, this isn't a political thread....

Alex, MBS in Southampton have the same problem as you, if that's any comfort (it's not you ;))
Yes, it’s such a common story. My indie in Carlisle had a stand at a Careers evening at the collage. 3 hours sat there and no one approached the desk. 🤷‍♂️

Very strange.

Article in the DT today about Germany being unable to find reliable workers so robots are going to be used in factories for repetitive jobs instead .

Yes, it’s such a common story. My indie in Carlisle had a stand at a Careers evening at the collage. 3 hours sat there and no one approached the desk. 🤷‍♂️

Very strange.
Not just tech based jobs.
Mrs S is currently trying to recruit to two posts (one admin and one middle management) and is struggling to find suitable enough candidates to even bring to interview.
She had one guy phone her up to find out more about one job and spent pretty much the whole call telling her if he applied and got it, how much he expected to earn, how many hours a week he was going to work and that he was going to be based from home despite the terms being very clear in the advert.🙄
His application was filed directly into the WPB.

According to the latest Statistics I think it’s over 20% of 16 - 24 year olds who are not in work or actively looking for work . There all on lovely benefits and free accommodation paid for by us poor pensioners who after a lifetime of paying NI and tax are still paying 40% tax on part of our pension. That's why there are no applicants for jobs , easier to go on line and claim you’re too stressed to consider work as you don’t like getting up in the morning or being told what to do as it might infringe my human rights.🙄

According to the latest Statistics I think it’s over 20% of 16 - 24 year olds who are not in work or actively looking for work . There all on lovely benefits and free accommodation paid for by us poor pensioners who after a lifetime of paying NI and tax are still paying 40% tax on part of our pension. That's why there are no applicants for jobs , easier to go on line and claim you’re too stressed to consider work as you don’t like getting up in the morning or being told what to do as it might infringe my human rights.🙄
Poor pensioner my a#se! 😂😂😂

Are they? or are they in education? Especially as young people can't leave education until 18

Are they? or are they in education? Especially as young people can't leave education until 18
No does not include those in education, basically quite a high percentage of young people have grown up with no role models of working parents and no consequences if they fail to apply themselves to either looking for a job or actually working at keeping a job should they actually manage to put themselves out and secure one .
Withdraw the benefits and they might be motivated to find and keep a job, keep the benefits at the current level and we will no doubt find 40% of the working age population will prefer to live on benefits instead of work.
By then I’ll be dead and unable to ( unwillingly) pay taxes to keep them in the manner to which we have allowed them to become accustomed

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom