Would you sell to this guy....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c43amg84

Car
C43 AMG Coupe
Some strange ones on autotrader...He won a football accumulator and sent me the slip...
IMG_0463.PNG IMG_0465.PNGScreen Shot 2018-10-23 at 17.28.16.png IMG_0465.PNG IMG_0466.PNG IMG_0467.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_0465.PNG
    IMG_0465.PNG
    655.7 KB · Views: 77
I think the contact name sums him up perfectly.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph!

And people wonder why car traders work on healthy margins...

If he really wants it, he will pay the £32,750. Play him at his game, he says don't lose the sale for £250 so say the same to him. Was it won on an ebay auction?

If he really wants it, he will pay the £32,750. Play him at his game, he says don't lose the sale for £250 so say the same to him. Was it won on an ebay auction?
No it’s on autotrader

£100 price increase each time he calls you mate.

Money is money no matter where or who it comes from. Just cos he's a bit of a pleb it doesn't mean he won't have the dosh. Once it's in ze bank you're golden.

How bizarre. Suspiciously bizarre.

I agree. Ironically you won’t lose anything for £250 as you have the car, and it’s market value. He really wants you car, or says he does, and could lose for £250! :)

Of course I would sell it to him; why wouldn't I....and he is dead right, what is £250.00 in a £32,000 deal.

I do not see a lot strange about him. He wants a car; he wants to remap it and he won some money that is burning a hole in his pocket.

He likes your car and will walk away if you do not play ball. There are plenty of cars out there; perhaps not too many buyers with £32.5K cash waiting to give it to you.

...and this thing of "I don't really want to sell it" why put it up for sale if you do not want to sell it? That really p****s me of.

When I hear that I say "Goodbye, thank you" no more conversation on it and I move on to the next car on my list.

I never conduct a sale or a purchase via txt. I always state on my ads that txt's will not be answered. It is a lot easier to judge a potential buyer/seller when you speak to them.

Maybe he needs the extra power because he wants to put a hitch on it;)

Money is money no matter where or who it comes from. Just cos he's a bit of a pleb it doesn't mean he won't have the dosh. Once it's in ze bank you're golden.
Yes, but... some people can be a pain to deal with. Even a 'paying customer' can be a nightmare.

The question is do you really need the grief? From his manner it does not sound like this was going to be an easy transaction.

I think if you are quibbling over £250, you've answered your question as to whether or not you want to sell it. You are using that as leverage to keep the car and someone else is making the decision for you.

I was the same with my previous car. They went for it at my "final price" in the end and I knew it was the right decision even if I didn't totally agree with it! :D

As for selling to that guy - probably not as I get the impression it will be back to haunt you despite caveat emptor.

Yes, but... some people can be a pain to deal with. Even a 'paying customer' can be a nightmare.

The question is do you really need the grief? From his manner it does not sound like this was going to be an easy transaction.

He said he would make it quick and simple and would give £32.5k even though the mileage is high. His BMW had 36,073 miles up twelve months ago when he got his MOT

Take out the tool kit, spare wheel, first aid kit, floor mats, every last drop of petrol (bar enough to get 5 miles out of sight ;) ), all the owners manuals bar the service book (if applicable).

Then drain down the screen wash, remove the key rings (keeping the spare key) and see if there’s anything else left you have forgotten (obviously you’ve checked for any loose change under the seats, CDs, sunglasses and packs of chewing gum)

Cash in the tax, don’t wash it, have a quick smoke inside (or invite someone else to do so) perhaps bringing their pet dog with them for one last ride.

Then text back, accept the offer and then wait for him to arrive.

20 mins before he’s due, text back saying you want £33k.

Then hope he turns up?

HTH :thumb:

Take out the tool kit, spare wheel, first aid kit, floor mats, every last drop of petrol (bar enough to get 5 miles out of sight ;) ), all the owners manuals bar the service book (if applicable).

Then drain down the screen wash, remove the key rings (keeping the spare key) and see if there’s anything else left you have forgotten (obviously you’ve checked for any loose change under the seats, CDs, sunglasses and packs of chewing gum)

Cash in the tax, don’t wash it, have a quick smoke inside (or invite someone else to do so) perhaps bringing their pet dog with them for one last ride.

Then text back, accept the offer and then wait for him to arrive.

20 mins before he’s due, text back saying you want £33k.

Then hope he turns up?

HTH :thumb:

Oh dear, lets hope it is just sarcasm

For the sake of £250 may as well just take it off sale to save people’s time, not many people have that in cash so be prepared for another fortnight wait if finance is involved in purchase

Even though for the buyer it’s a whirlwind process, it’s still the seller that has to wait whilst the company does checks, proves the seller is real and collects/fills out paperwork etc etc. No point even having it on there

I thought the point of the thread was more about the persistence of this character rather than the princely sum of £250?

Buyer sounds like a nightmare but to be fair you never know who’s going to mess you around or not, sometimes the more normal seeming people turn out to be time wasters (and slip off the radar..) so to be fair a bird in hand and all that - take the money :)

Otherwise if you really don’t like the guy - it’s plan B:

Text the buyer back and say you’ll accept his generous offer so long as he can collect tomorrow night.

Then head out tomorrow early and stop at the first fishmongers you pass. Park up down a side street. Buy 3 mackerel, fresh.

Get back to the car you are currently selling. Take the door bin off the ns rear door, and pull the bottom edge of the door trim towards you.

Split the plastic that's now exposed along its length.

Slip one fresh mackerel into the door. Refit the bin after clipping the trim in.

Next open the boot, and working inside the car, remove the os rear quarter trim panel.

Slip another mackerel in here, and refit the trim.

Finally, find a plastic bag, and envelope. Put the last fish into the envelope, which you have addressed using you're left hand to write, if you're right handed, and vice versa, to car keeper at address given on V5. Also ask if this person is a Pisces? Maybe drop in a few puns, about his plaice of work, or if he's hard of herring. Make sure you sign off R. Sole :D

It's a great joke, he'll take it well :thumb:

Let us know how it goes? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom