Would you sell to this guy....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hmmmm... interesting. That's exactly what Dr. Kofi Mnagwe of Nigeria said in his email.... ;)
Your Mr "Mnagwe" was not buying a car and until the contrary is apparent the potential buyer is not a 419 scammer and cash is king.

Cash is overrated.

Western Union is where it’s at :)

He sounds like he would be an absolute nightmare if something went wrong after selling. If you do sell it to him, meet him well away from your home address!!
Natacha
I do not know how he could be described as a nightmare from his texts. Perhaps he has texted things that others have seen- and I have not seen- that says more about him.

He wants to get it at £32500, he wants to remap it and he has shown that he may have the money and is willing to do a deal at £32500.
He wants the seller to know that he is a nice guy, not a messer but wants a deal at £32500.00

He correctly states that the mileage is high; that it may have dropped in value in ten months time and may take a hit when a new model comes out. He has not said one thing to indicate that he would be a nightmare after the sale.

So there are a lot of texts, but it takes two to tango. Seller should have insisted in a phone call after a few initial texts.

The seller wants to sell it at £32750 and will not drop £250 on a £32000 car; makes me wonder where the nightmare lies.

I would never buy a car from a guy who will not meet at his home-name and address will be on the V5 anyway-that rings bells with me and may be the sign of a scammer.

I would also hate to buy off some here:p. "Throw away your phone after the sale" just because he wanted to reduce the price by £250.00.
Lure the buyer down, sell to him but don't and put Mackerel into the car you are selling him... because he wanted it £250.00 cheaper

Vandalise the car viz smoke in it. Steal the tool kit, spare wheel; drain the petrol so as to leave him stranded five miles out the road. Up the price when he is 20 minutes away, all because he wanted it £250.00 less.

OP phone him, it will not cost you that much and will end the conjecture.

I stick to my guns... :)

Anyone who haggles over the phone (or text) and wants to buy the vehicle unseen, is worth steering clear off in my book.

Unless you have a a lot of free time on your hands and you are happy to entertain people.

My view.

I think it’s a bit disrespectful to list me as “weirdo” on your phone, after doing that I’m not bothered about the £250 difference in the deal and I will keep my money, you keep your car! [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've sold cars to excited buyers before. They are usually pretty serious and see the deal through.

For a 33k car, cash buyers are slim so £500 off asking price is expected.

I do not know how he could be described as a nightmare from his texts. Perhaps he has texted things that others have seen- and I have not seen- that says more about him.

He wants to get it at £32500, he wants to remap it and he has shown that he may have the money and is willing to do a deal at £32500.
He wants the seller to know that he is a nice guy, not a messer but wants a deal at £32500.00

He correctly states that the mileage is high; that it may have dropped in value in ten months time and may take a hit when a new model comes out. He has not said one thing to indicate that he would be a nightmare after the sale.

So there are a lot of texts, but it takes two to tango. Seller should have insisted in a phone call after a few initial texts.

The seller wants to sell it at £32750 and will not drop £250 on a £32000 car; makes me wonder where the nightmare lies.

I would never buy a car from a guy who will not meet at his home-name and address will be on the V5 anyway-that rings bells with me and may be the sign of a scammer.

I would also hate to buy off some here:p. "Throw away your phone after the sale" just because he wanted to reduce the price by £250.00.
Lure the buyer down, sell to him but don't and put Mackerel into the car you are selling him... because he wanted it £250.00 cheaper

Vandalise the car viz smoke in it. Steal the tool kit, spare wheel; drain the petrol so as to leave him stranded five miles out the road. Up the price when he is 20 minutes away, all because he wanted it £250.00 less.

Constant text after text after text (15 in a row in fact) He is most likely the nicest guy on the planet and were all going to hell. But it would put me off.
That's only my opinion, I'm easily annoyed admittedly:mad:. I might be wrong BUT I'm female so i doubt it :) :oops::rolleyes::p

Natacha

The new model is already out....the car is for sale at market value at £34k and I always said the minimum I would accept is £33k and that was from the offset so I have already dropped £1k and then I dropped a further £250 - so, why would I be the nightmare? The vehicle is in my hands so am I expected to just bend over and pull my pants down because he isn't willing to meet me at my price? At the end of the day this is business and for me constantly dropping my price because he wants the car isn't something I am willing to do, I would rather just hold onto the car.

This same guy sent me 15 texts in the space of one minute without a reply, is that the actions of a normal person? We initially had a telephone conversation in which he spent more talking to me about another car he saw and his 'winnings' I had to bring it back to topic, so by calling him it wouldn't improve anything.

I've sold cars to excited buyers before. They are usually pretty serious and see the deal through.

For a 33k car, cash buyers are slim so £500 off asking price is expected.

It's for sale at £34k

End of the day, whether the OP is right or wrong with his pricing he’s entitled to say no.

Regardless of what the car is worth, the buyer seems like hard work to me... :)

End of the day, whether the OP is right or wrong with his pricing he’s entitled to say no.

Regardless of what the car is worth, the buyer seems like hard work to me... :)

AND... I doubt there was actually going to be a sale at £32,500 even if the OP had agreed to this price.

I think he was testing the water to see how much you can be pressurised on price... with view to continue this further once the principle has been established.

I don’t see

Trust me pal

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom