Would you?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChrisEdu

MB Enthusiast
Car
E320CDi Estate - gone E320CDi Saloon - written off CLS 350CDi Coupé
Given the opportunity to live out your days in a state of unconscious bliss, with all your dreams fulfilled, versus affected containing pain, distress, loss, hardship, etc.. which would you choose?

Given the opportunity to live out your days in a state of unconscious bliss, with all your dreams fulfilled, versus affected containing pain, distress, loss, hardship, etc.. which would you choose?
The latter. Stick in there Chris. God bless you mate. Xx

Happiness is like voltage... it's generated by a difference in potential between two opposites. You can't have pure constant bliss, it's like electricity from a single pole. It doesn't exist. My view...

have you been made redundant and have tooth ache ?

have you been made redundant and have tooth ache ?
Almost. Retired and suffering various maladies.

My question stems from how I have such realistic dreams in which I enjoy my world.

Neither is life , I hope I never get there, and if I do , I also hope that I would be in a position to choose an outcome.

There's much cutting edge science that suggests we're living in simulations.

My question stems from how I have such realistic dreams in which I enjoy my world.
A very interesting point. Dreams can be so extreme. Good and bad. Realistic and bizarre. Just a few weeks ago I had a dream that left me physically in pain

Last edited by a moderator:
A very interesting point. Dreams can be so extreme. Good and bad. Realistic and bizarre. Just a few weeks ago I had a dream that left me physically in pain
My dreams are often so realistic that I'm not sure if something was a dream or reality.

My dreams are often so realistic that I'm not sure if something was a dream or reality.

The key difference is that reality is continuous, while dreams reset every time you wake up.

Things you did yesterday in real life will affect you today and tomorrow, but things you did in your dream last night won't affect the dream you'll have tonight - there's no continuity.

If what we refer to as 'reality' is indeed an illusion of some sort... then the 'reality' illusion has different rules to those of the 'dream' illusion.

The key difference is that reality is continuous, while dreams reset every time you wake up.

Things you did yesterday in real life will affect you today and tomorrow, but things you did in your dream last night won't affect the dream you'll have tonight - there's no continuity.

If what we refer to as 'reality' is indeed an illusion of some sort... then the 'reality' illusion has different rules to those of the 'dream' illusion.
Sometimes, I am able to use previous dreams to influence new ones.

Sometimes, I am able to use previous dreams to influence new ones.

Yes, and you can also have a recurring dream, but there's a difference between influence or repeatability, and continuity.

Yes, and you can also have a recurring dream, but there's a difference between influence or repeatability, and continuity.
Hang-on, I need to check my spinning top!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom