Wow... Clk Dtm Vs Yamaha R1

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fair play to the bike for keeping up with him all that way. I think he let the bike past when they came up to those back markers at the end as the bike clearly couldn't catch the car before.

Brilliant video. thanks.

Fair play to the bike for keeping up with him all that way. I think he let the bike past when they came up to those back markers at the end as the bike clearly couldn't catch the car before.

Brilliant video. thanks.

That, and the fact that`s the only bit of the Nurburgring with a speed limit :eek: If they catch you speeding on that bit, it`s a nick :crazy:

Thats why I like DTM's.
That's why I also like DTM's :)

Looking at the shadow of the bike rider he was certainly not pulling any punches. The car was blocked a couple of times by slower vehicles and it is always easier to follow.

Respect to both of them, and excellent video.

Raving barking mad :devil: :)

Regards
John

Agree,

Its easier to follow and the car had to make the way...

I'd rather be in the car

As for the bike overtaking it was at the end of the run where there much slower traffic turning off into the car parks. Sensible thing to do was to slow down.

Either way, both driver / rider awesome.

That, and the fact that`s the only bit of the Nurburgring with a speed limit :eek:

Not quite - there is another signposted speed limit at the Adenauer exit/entry point, to prevent accidents. No one pays any attention to it, except for the taxi drivers (most of the time). It was pointed out to me by the Zakspeed Viper driver.

Bit tricky to see, but it's this section (you might be able to see the sign on the left).

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/54/143949917_601e87f2a3.jpg

Last edited:
That's why I also like DTM's :)

Looking at the shadow of the bike rider he was certainly not pulling any punches. The car was blocked a couple of times by slower vehicles and it is always easier to follow.

Respect to both of them, and excellent video.

Raving barking mad :devil: :)

Regards
John

So I guess having been round there in under eight minutes in a road car I should be put in an asylum...!:eek:

Actually both seemed to be taking it easy for filming purposes !
Bikes can go round much quicker than that.
7:26.8 - Ducati 1098 S Two Wheels mag July 2007 for instance.
Fastest road legal (with a pinch of salt) car is this...
http://www.ifilm.com/video/2864036

adam

Last edited:
Actually both seemed to be taking it easy for filming purposes !
Bikes can go round much quicker than that.
7:26.8 - Ducati 1098 S Two Wheels mag July 2007 for instance.
Fastest road legal (with a pinch of salt) car is this...
http://www.ifilm.com/video/2864036

adam
Don't forget these vehicles were delayed on a number of occasions. Do we know how many occupants were in the CLK?

John

i have just come back for nurburg ring took the bike there (gsxr) and i wish the track was that empty when i went round, i went on a saturday and it was very busy, even still i was nothing like that ,I had my right indicator on most the time (lol)
I found it quite scary only done 10 laps and every one i was bricking it!!!

any way hats off to both drivers

cant wait to go back i got the ferry from dover to calais and what a lovely drive it was

So I guess having been round there in under eight minutes in a road car I should be put in an asylum...!:eek:
Doing it in a road car in that sort of time without the track being closed off deserves recognition. A link has just been posted that claims the outright lap record in a race car at just under 7 minutes (6:55) Your lap in a road car in the seven minute bracket is certainly worthy of recognition.

What is the best time our Scott has achieved and in what vehicle?

I wish there was a decent simulator that I could try. :D

John
John

A little clarification required!
The car was a XJ220 Jaguar driven by Le Mans winner John Nielsen.
John on his own did 7'47" and 7'55" with me in the passenger seat in my proffesional capacity as development engineer back in 1991.
I was almost one minute slower on my own, and after nearly 50 laps still was not completly sure of the circuit.:confused:
John was then tesing for Bridgestone about 40 days a year at the 'Ring and I felt entirly safe with him.

I understand the outright record is held by former F1 driver Stefan Beloff in a Group 'C' 956 well in to the 6 minute region. These cars had big slicks, big downforce and about 800bhp. They were insane on the 'Ring. Not long after this he paid the ulimate price for his bravery at the wheel of a similar car during a race in 1985 at Spa.

Last edited:
XJ220's rule !! :rock:

Still love the shape after all these years !! Got a model one on my hi-fi rack :eek:

Last edited:
Yeah ...

Look at the wax on the cover where Mrs Toad blew the candle out :rolleyes:

Hands up who wasn't tilting their heads from one side to the other when watching that video!

**Keeps hand down**

That was brilliant! I've only been there once; myself and a freind did 4 laps each in a Clio Williams Mk1, the one without ABS, A/C, etc. His times were 12:32, 12:20, 11:58 and 11:09, mine were 11:04, 11:05, 10:20 and 10:03.

It was quiet when we went last year, abiet a few bikes, an M3 and a 530i. His Clio was like driving a Go Kart, it stuck to the road like glue!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom