Wow service quote

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm about to buy a service plan for the next three services (8,9 & 10). Wasn't going to keep up the FMBSH but these services include two brake fluid changes, all filters and ATF change. £1200 (including 20% discount) which includes about £300 worth of breakdown cover which seems a no-brainer.

Indy servicing being loads cheaper than Mercedes service plan can easily be a myth depending on what services are being done. My service 8,9 and 10 work out around £100 cheaper at my local good indy over the next three years (at current prices) than a service plan, some would say that's still a saving but I also get free Mercedes breakdown plus it's still FULL Mercedes service history.
Exactly my experience also.

with a bit of negotiation and without skipping any items MB were only about £70 dearer than my local Indy.

My C63 next two services are a B with brake fluid and spark plugs and an A with air filters and rear diff oil change, the cost of the service care plan with the discount is £442 each, seems a no brainer.

Indies are quite often not better value, always shop around.

Definitely worth shopping around - under the discounted MB service plan, my next 2 services will cost is £729.60, which includes an ATF, spark plugs and brake fluid. My local indie quoted c£850 for the same work..
You should make sure you are comparing like with like.
I don't think the MB main dealers drain the TC when they change the ATF and your local indie probably does. Draining the TC or doing a flush are the only ways to change all the ATF. It does take more time and uses more fluid though.

I don't think the MB main dealers drain the TC when they change the ATF and your local indie probably does. Draining the TC or doing a flush are the only ways to change all the ATF. It does take more time and uses more fluid though.

I more confident that MB will service the car to the required standard than an indie....

MB Brooklands drained the TC on my W204 - they said it wasn't an issue because the 7G+ has a drain plug on the TC.

However no idea what they do with the old 5g boxes that have no drain plug on the TC.

I hold exactly the opposite opinion.

Yes I tend to agree but of course it comes down to you having a) a capable indy b) your relationship with them.

I have that as I assume Neil has as well. From experience they do not only follow recommended manufacturers guidelines(often asking the main dealer) when ordering the oem parts but they go beyond just fitting. The indy I use employes senior ex BMW, Mercedes, and VAG staff. You could eat off the floor and there is a steady flow of main dealers parts departments dropping off.

They care more about you, the car and the overall relationship between you and them. Main dealerships couldn't care less. As they know they will probably not see you again or very infrequently. Unlike indys where you return for even the smallest thing. (European trip safety check, puncture, fitting of winter tyres, car park paint fix).

And the number of times I've popped in to get a wheel balance, puncture repair.......

"Bring it straight in"..... And no charge. 👍👍

Reminds me the X5 is due its service.... Its still under BMW warranty and the independent even adds it to servicing record.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom