Wow!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mobeyone

MB Enthusiast
Car
E280 S211
You are a lucky!! sod!!!!

What a beast!

It's the turbine noise on startup that does it for me :cool:

PJ

Mindblowing. What a toy. And what a gorgeous evening as well :). It looks standard - what gives it 739???

Matt's "The Man..." :)

I don't even want to know what a "Distronic nose cone" is - but I know I want one!

blassberg said:
I don't even want to know what a "Distronic nose cone" is - but I know I want one!

LOL, it uses the star (cone shaped) on the front of the car as a radar reflector, the star is actually a picture, it's not a 'real' star.

The radar then allows me to follow the car in front, when it stops I stop, and when it accelerates I accelerate to a set speed and distance.

However testing it yesterday revealed it's best not to set it to follow the car in front when its going across the roundabout, as my car wanted to follow it when another car was coming round the roundabout! Quick foot on the breaks and stopped in time!

Matt, daft question but because the star is solid, how do you open the bonnet?

I'm guessing on the '55, you put your hand in the bottom part of the star to open it?

Looks great mate, can't wait to see it strut its stuff at VMAX!

Greg

GregE240 said:
Matt, daft question but because the star is solid, how do you open the bonnet?

I'm guessing on the '55, you put your hand in the bottom part of the star to open it?

Looks great mate, can't wait to see it strut its stuff at VMAX!

Greg

The bonnet release pops out of one of the right hand side slats, instead of the bottom part of the star.

Just need to get it delimited and then we're ready for some top speed runs! Looking forward to having a go at the Ruf Porshces, especialy the one with the 630bhp Nardo engine GT2 !! :D

Maff, life gets better and better !!. Could you please oil the boot struts ?

Delimited ? Isn't it already ? Or is that to 187mph ?

saorbust said:
Delimited ? Isn't it already ? Or is that to 187mph ?

Not sure to be honest, will need to test, but I’m 99% sure it's 187 if not 155.
For Bruntingthorpe ill need to completely de-restrict it as normal '65 cars get to 191mph, I should be a little faster.

Maff said:
The radar then allows me to follow the car in front
Ah, I get it. Would be nice to know how far the car behind is too!!

Maff said:
LOL, it uses the star (cone shaped) on the front of the car as a radar reflector, the star is actually a picture, it's not a 'real' star.

The radar then allows me to follow the car in front, when it stops I stop, and when it accelerates I accelerate to a set speed and distance.

However testing it yesterday revealed it's best not to set it to follow the car in front when its going across the roundabout, as my car wanted to follow it when another car was coming round the roundabout! Quick foot on the breaks and stopped in time!

there is a guy on a american forum who has put this in his c class!!!!!

Bobby Dazzler said:
Has it already been Kleemanned then?? Or in the pipeline??

Still at 612bhp at the moment (I can make do :p ) kleeman chip to 739bhp coming end of November along with the de-limit.

mobeyone said:
there is a guy on a american forum who has put this in his c class!!!!!

I believe this may be the same guy, goes under the name of Sunman, and has done some very impressive bits to his C Class, here is the link to his installation of Distronic :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom