Wrapped in cotton wool or worked hard?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gucci

MB Enthusiast
Car
Jaguar XF 3.0 Ultimate Black
This weekend, I had to wince and shudder as my precious ML was used as a workhorse, lugging old turf and top soil to the dump several times :( (I've promised her a good wash and wax).
Have you had to subject your car to abuse or has it always been pampered?!

My X5 is at the dump most weeks.

I don't see the point in keeping the car good for the next person.

True, although it's nice to have clean for yourself. I had a friend who kept awful seat covers on the car to "save them for when they sell the car"....
£$@* them! :crazy:

Im not saying my car is like a pigstye , i do keep it clean. But i do use it :)

work horse ... tows my caravan ..... car boots....and has a top box. for when she carn't shove anything else in the back....shopping, school run tip and for our bussiness as well:rolleyes:

Last edited:
looked after for a about a week when i first get a new one-no eating, no crumbs then i dont care and it gets used and abused! car boot sales, furniture etc etc...:D

300 kg of rubble one weekend, 36 paving slabs the next...
isn't this what estate cars are made for?

:) I may be mistaking it for a van

Used and worked hard! A car is to be driven and an estate loaded.
Always good see it nice and clean again, ready for another week....

mines only used for me and the other half most times and the odd time i have to pop to work - other then that its pretty un-abused :)

The old 300TE, serving its purpose :)

300TE.jpg

Will

I had to take some old timber to the dump yesterday, I did get a few strange looks turning up in my Cayenne. A quick clean when I got home, and it looks good as new.:cool:

I bought the Merc as a work horse and daily driver to save wear and tear on my Toyota. Don't know how long I'll keep the Merc but I might bung it next year.
I keep it clean however.

I never abuse mine ;).

In fact, a few years ago Yury and I ended up being truly drenched, caught out by sudden downpours. Got back to the car. I said: "you're not going to get into the car and onto my leather seats with THOSE wet jeans, are you? :devil: :D.

Result: I got the abuse :D.

Eating: Banned
Drinking: Banned
Trash: Banned
Dirt: Banned
Other contaminants: banned!

Its lucky that I let other SIT on my seats ;) I've been told that I'm quite an@l about my cars...

not much point having a car if you don't use it for the purpose it was designed.

Estate cars are meant for carrying large loads around - I think the self levelling suspension, fold down seats and hook fixings in the load bay are the giveaway there :) 4WD vehicles are meant to be used to go where other vehicles can't - doing the school run does not in my opinion require a truck the size of a Paris Dakkar support vehicle. Neither does the supermarket car park require permanent 4WD in order to get parked in a disabled bay :)

Andy

I'd like to think I'm not too precious about my cars. I do like to look after them but I've always used them for their designed purpose.

I did give the other half a good telling off the other day however when in my absence she put 5 people in the 4 four seater CLK.

not much point having a car if you don't use it for the purpose it was designed.

What, you mean like polishing it up every 3 days and putting it where others can glance at it with envy? :devil: ;) :D

My W123 is used daily and hence i dont go OTT in keeping it mint, but it does get a clean every week.

The SEC and 107 are always kept clean and nothing vaguely dirty is aloowed in..

The SEC and 107 are always kept clean and nothing vaguely dirty is aloowed in..

Exactly - its horses for courses,isn`t it?
Its fine to load up an old MB battlewagon estate with junk on the run to the tip,but i don`t think you or Wobbly would fill the rear seats of your 107`s with hedge-prunings,grass-cuttings,offcuts of chipboard and rabbit-hutch/hamster-cage emptyings,would you?

:)

A few months ago my ML was loaded up with all my normal work gear plus about 600kg of lift motor. On the way I had to stop and tow one of the Vito's that had broken down too. I did get some funny looks but that 7-speed box and the 320 cdi engine are just made for towing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom