Wrapping the Grille? Anyone tried?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jonski

Car
C250 CDI Coupé AMG Sport Plus
Hi All,

I'm looking to recolour the silver slats behind the chrome on my W204 grill black. I've seen that a few people have painted them, but has anyone tried wrapping it?

Ideally I'd like to be able to remove the wrap and return it to OEM if I resell the car.

I've also never wrapped anything, so I might be underestimating the difficulty of this.

What do you guys think?

Can be done, but is one of the worst items to start with if you havent done it before!

. ^This ^

Cheers guys, I might give plastidipping a try then; sounds like the best idea.

Can any recommend a brand and 'glossifier'? The first results on amazon seem overpriced.

Wrapped the grille on my CLK63 Black Series with 3M Dinoc carbon Fiber material.
Not that difficult to do and if you make a mistake just peel the wrap off.
Not as messy as Plasti-dip..
Also consider the Plasti-dip will scar in time from what comes in contact with it in normal driving..

Attachments

• EURO 010.jpg
    EURO 010.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 20
  • EURO 009.jpg
    EURO 009.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 23
Use a hydro-dip service?

I have wrapped my grill and most of the interior trim with 3M Dinoc.. It wasn`t terribly difficult just a little fiddly. On reflection I think the dipping may have been a better option? only as sometimes if it gets quite hot in the car the wrap on the center console gets a little bubbly on the tight curves. Its a matter of choice the dipping gives a hard wearing shiny surface and the wrap a 3 dimensional matt surface

Dipping would be the better option, as said above the grill is a bit fiddly for a beginner.... The 3M Di Noc stuff is very forgiving as it is thick, but give it too much stretch and the weaves will go wonky and when the sun hits it it will begin peeling. Plasti Dip could be the way forward. I wrapped my entire SL500 matt grey before selling (apart from the grill, bought a black facelift one!!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom