Wrist Watch Repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
See I also want an Apple Watch but if I do it removes me from being able to wear nice watches during the day. .... Maybe my Montblanc pen collection needs to grow instead!!!

See I also want an Apple Watch but if I do it removes me from being able to wear nice watches during the day. .... Maybe my Montblanc pen collection needs to grow instead!!!

Or shoes?

Montblanc pens, now that's another collectable item I'd appreciate. So how much are the Turkism versions to buy?

Or shoes?

Have rather large Jordan and classic Nike air collection going..... Starting to like loafers..... Yes I'm sad!!

b847b49312e69e21f931cb5a55598680.jpg

I mentioned in a previous thread that my next watch purchase was going to be from a microbrand, having supported a Kickstarter campaign for a fledgling watch company.

Last week my Sea Spirit from Reverie Watches arrived. I haven't stopped wearing it since , the dial is mesmerising.

And to cap it all , I had an email from DHL saying that they would be delivering my Kickstarter watch on Monday ! Very exciting.

I think for now I'm going to start exploring more microbrands as I've got a reasonable collection of the big names and some of the smaller companies are coming out with some very pretty stuff.

Anyway , here's my new Reverie. £366 delivered. Uses a Miyota auto movement , glass case back , comes with two straps , the leather and a black canvas. I'm over the moon with it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.6 KB · Views: 44

Since the day I bought my first Pebble, and since Apple Watch, I've not worn a proper watch. Mrs D has a far more impressive watch collection than me, and in the last year or so since she had an Apple Watch I think she's worn something else twice, and that was for two very very special occasions.

If you use your phone a lot, and you have an iPhone, then an Apple Watch is just so blooming handy! I guess the same is true of any smartwatch.

It's such a shame to have beautiful watches sat locked away and not in use, but I guess if you have more than one watch then that's probably what happens any way ...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

Since the day I bought my first Pebble, and since Apple Watch, I've not worn a proper watch. Mrs D has a far more impressive watch collection than me, and in the last year or so since she had an Apple Watch I think she's worn something else twice, and that was for two very very special occasions.

If you use your phone a lot, and you have an iPhone, then an Apple Watch is just so blooming handy! I guess the same is true of any smartwatch.

It's such a shame to have beautiful watches sat locked away and not in use, but I guess if you have more than one watch then that's probably what happens any way ...that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it!!

Plus it's a pain in the **** doing home insurance renewals.

I mentioned in a previous thread that my next watch purchase was going to be from a microbrand, having supported a Kickstarter campaign for a fledgling watch company.

Last week my Sea Spirit from Reverie Watches arrived. I haven't stopped wearing it since , the dial is mesmerising.

And to cap it all , I had an email from DHL saying that they would be delivering my Kickstarter watch on Monday ! Very exciting.

I think for now I'm going to start exploring more microbrands as I've got a reasonable collection of the big names and some of the smaller companies are coming out with some very pretty stuff.

Anyway , here's my new Reverie. £366 delivered. Uses a Miyota auto movement , glass case back , comes with two straps , the leather and a black canvas. I'm over the moon with it.

Nice dial detailing.

Did someone say Montblanc collection? Finally!

I've been a Montblanc fan for over thirty years, and not just their pens - inkwells and pen holders, cufflinks and keyfobs, sunglasses and belts, wallets and briefcases, etc.
Luckily, my wife shares this affection ... or is it affliction? :rolleyes:

Incidentally, anyone else still using their fountain pen, as a main daily writer?

Over the years, I've tried replacing my 149 with rollerballs and fineliners (Noblese, Starwalker, John Lenon), but almost immediately go back to it, leaving shiny new 'modern' pen just a part of desktop decor.

One of the nicest lines was a malachite series "Nikolai" (as in the last Russian czar) - the combination of platinum plate and green stone is so nice:

IMG_4196small_zpsmdntolto.jpg

Did someone say Montblanc collection? Finally!

I've been a Montblanc fan for over thirty years, and not just their pens - inkwells and pen holders, cufflinks and keyfobs, sunglasses and belts, wallets and briefcases, etc.
Luckily, my wife shares this affection ... or is it affliction? :rolleyes:

Incidentally, anyone else still using their fountain pen, as a main daily writer?

Just picked these up, two are presents and one for me!!!

The top ones mine!!

c3922a4fd0ae07feed943ce71c73d32b.jpg

As for still using a fountain pen, I already have a few but this new ones might be used a bit more often!!

Last edited:
I've been eyeing up a Seiko Kinetic Diver for some time, can't decide between pepsi or black bezel and also wondering whether I will like the quartz type second hand movement against the automatic sweep of nearly all my other watches.

Half price on Creation so I should stop procrastinating really.

This one?

c212a60a-e2d4-42fb-bb83-eb3d554dd436_zpsxkgsemds.jpg

Bought mine from Creation, a bargain at £134 compared to £299 UK RRP. Ordered on a Sunday, arrived by Tuesday. It's my daily driver and it's great, shrugs off the knocks. I'd thoroughly recommend it. :thumb:

Cheers,

Gaz

You guys have left Dave in the dust. I thought it was about repairing a Rolex? I have a Rolex copy, with little yellow woirkings in side.. Also a Tag watch in the same old box.

That's the one Gaz.

I'm currently wearing the SKX 009 in the same colours.

I did think about one of those as I do like my automatics, but the 6 month power reserve on the kinetic swung it for me. I can chuck it on the bedside table for a few days if I feel like wearing one of my other watches, and it's there ready and waiting when I pick it up again. A real go-to watch.

Cheers,

Gaz

I did think about one of those as I do like my automatics, but the 6 month power reserve on the kinetic swung it for me. I can chuck it on the bedside table for a few days if I feel like wearing one of my other watches, and it's there ready and waiting when I pick it up again. A real go-to watch.

Cheers,

Gaz

Or you need one of these, and I do so its in my Xms/birthday list...

Luxury Automatic Watch Display Case 4+6 Leather Storage 4 Mode Timer Function Safelty Lock & Key https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UL0NKLK/?tag=amazon0e9db-21
15712c6dbbbc80f481999d0a10fcb9b7.jpg

gaz_l said:
I did think about one of those as I do like my automatics, but the 6 month power reserve on the kinetic swung it for me. I can chuck it on the bedside table for a few days if I feel like wearing one of my other watches, and it's there ready and waiting when I pick it up again. A real go-to watch. Cheers, Gaz
My kinetic perpetual.
Had it a few years and still love it.

View attachment 58376

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom