Written off CLK due to crash for cash

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Not sure what your talking about, but im on about brand new cars before they are sold to an owner
Hi.
There was a discussion about whether new or old parts are used to repair crashed cars.
Regarding brand new cars - here, if a new car is damaged in transit _ then it cannot be sold as new if it has any panels replaced or sprayed.
The only acceptable repair that keeps its “new” status is a totally invisible pointless dent repair (a friend of mine has a company that does this work for car dealers)
Cheers
Steve

Hi.
There was a discussion about whether new or old parts are used to repair crashed cars.
Regarding brand new cars - here, if a new car is damaged in transit _ then it cannot be sold as new if it has any panels replaced or sprayed.
The only acceptable repair that keeps its “new” status is a totally invisible pointless dent repair (a friend of mine has a company that does this work for car dealers)
Cheers
Steve
They can be filled and painted, but yes no new panels fitted

Within 4 weeks of taking delivery of the CLS SB, some kind person nudged it in Tesco car park. Although it was parked perfectly in line with one of their CCTV cameras, there was no footage they would release.

£275 to fix the damage and £280 to get a front and rear dashcam professionally installed and hardwired.

A pain in a car I do only 8k miles a year in, but worth it for the peace of mind.

Within 4 weeks of taking delivery of the CLS SB, some kind person nudged it in Tesco car park. Although it was parked perfectly in line with one of their CCTV cameras, there was no footage they would release.

£275 to fix the damage and £280 to get a front and rear dashcam professionally installed and hardwired.

A pain in a car I do only 8k miles a year in, but worth it for the peace of mind.

Ask them if they're familiar with the data protection act.

Ask them if they're familiar with the data protection act.
If they claim there's nothing on there/they have none, there's no law that can help.

Their security guard told me different from the head office request email department.

I guess they don't want to get in the middle of a disagreement between two of their customers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom