Wrong on so many levels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Squirrel

Car
CLK 320 SPORT
Over the last few days, i have been stripping my old 'street machine' (A 1987 Skoda Rapid, dont laugh, i loved that car) from many years ago as i have finally decided to get rid....
Anyhow, i removed all the 'valuable' stuff for resale to other Skoda owners and today as i was 'sorting' the bits and bobs, i couldnt help myself and had to give it a try............

Behold, the new 'must have' accessory for any CLK owner........

DSCF0019-1.jpg

I am also thinking of 'jacking' up the back end, fitting some oversized 'wolfrace' wheels, a red spotlight shining on the diff and covering the leather with some Tigerskin seat covers....

What do you reckon?

Don't forget the 'Starsky and Hutch' paintjob!

I though you only got window grills like that still in Austraila!

My first car had a grill like that.It was an Opel Manta

years back, I was at a track day with the long since defunct 'Unique Vehicle Accessory company'. They's taken with them a Rover 3500 Fugitive, which was basically a mid engined tubular chassis with a mildly tuned V8 powering it - capable of 150mph down the straights it was very rapid by kit car standards.

What we weren't ready for was a guy who was introducing his new kit car. It looked like a Le Mans racer. He was coming out of the garage, doing a couple of flying laps, coming through the lights at close to 200 mph, generally making everybody else look slow then disappearing back into his garage for 30 minutes before reappearing and doing the same again.

Turned out he was running ridiculously tuned aircooled Skoda engines that would only last about ten minutes before the barrels and pistons melted and he was just nipping back into the garage and changing them over before coming out again :D

Many, many years ao I worked in motor finance and had to collect one of those Skodas from an old feller who had simply got too old to drive it.

Funny thing was that he had 'souped' it up a bit, rally prepared engine, bucket seats, roll cage and so on.

He lived right out in the country and I had great fun driving it back to the office where everyone wanted a go.

It went surprisingly well and handled well too. Sounded brill with the go-faster exhaust.

It was tons better than the one my mates brother used to have, we would regularly 'borrow' his cars but gave up on the Skoda within 3 miles. It appeared to have reverse gear in more than one location on the gearbox!

Mine was also highly tuned... The standard Skoda 130 (1289cc) produced a whopping 57bhp...
By the time i had finished with mine, it produced a 'respectable' 130bhp
Engine mods were..polished & ported cyl head with uprated valve springs, lightened, balanced & blueprinted bottom end, 40/40DCOE carb with K&N filter, electric race fuel pump and straight through exhaust system.
Suspension was lowered and uprated springs and Spax adjustable shockers, 165x13 tyres were replaced with 205x13 on fat wheels and cosmetics were skirts, spoilers and rear louvre.....Corbeau buckets and roll cage finished the job.

Here is a pic of her in the 'glory days'

sko1.jpg

As I recall, and it was YEARS ago, the one we lifted was white with a wide stripe (blue and red?) over the bonnet, roof and boot - or should that be engine cover?

My colleague had an XR3i at the time and tried to lose me cross country, he had no chance that Skoda was glued to the road.

Funnily enough though it wasn't in demand for a borrow while it was sitting in our car park for a few weeks while the trade sniffed around it. Even the office boy turned his nose up at it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom