WTB: W124 or W201 Side mirror in Smoke Silver

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Limited Edition

Car
1993 190E (3)
I am interested in buying a W124 or W201 Side mirror in Smoke Silver. Either side is fine but I would prefer that it has heat and is electronically adjustable. I would like this shipped to the U.S.

I would also be willing to trade a US-Spec mirror for a UK-Spec mirror so we can both have a symetric look. :cool:

Regards,

Don

Me too! Only I don't care about the colour, as long as it is electrically operated and heated. I wouldn't mind it being automatically dimming either! ;)

Pass me an e-mail if you have one to offer! :)

PS: If anyone would be interested in my rightside short and stumpy mirror, I will gladly offer it as part-payment. It is both heated and electrically operated.

LHD/RHD mirrors need to be used in a pair.

if you fit one of each to get a symmetrical look, the one you have replaced will not adjust properly and unless you sit really close to the steering wheel, you wont be able to see out of it.

Only get a 1000 calls a day, from distraught 124 owners, thinkin there is something wrong with their mirrors!!

Saying this, it has been done by a guy i know of. He literally made his own mirror frame in the end as that was the only way he could do it... ;)

How do you mean? I guess the signals going from the (2-way)switch are identical as far as up,down,left,right goes, aren't they? I have noticed that the connectors are different, but that shouldn't be of any importance? They have the same amount of wires going into them and should be easy to swap (the connectors that is), right?

Yes, What i mean is the angle is not adjustable (far enough) for 90% of people.

Unless you are around 5 foot and sit really high and close to the steering wheel, the mirror will just not adjust far enough.

Trust me, i have tried, owned many a 190 and 124.
Also, tried it on customers cars when they didnt believe me.

Have one women customer that it works for in her 190 2.3-16v but she sits practically on the steering wheel...;)

Last edited:
Aha - now I know what you mean; it doesn't go far enough in! :)

Thanks - sorry for being so slow :p

BTW; Any other cool UK-only gadgets you could offer me then? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom