WTB: W124 Taxi Distress Alarm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ron500E

Yup, I need a W124 Taxi distress alarm. It's made by Becker.

Dont ask why.....

Kind Regards,

Ron

Can I ask why do you need it?:D:D

Folks the answer is clear, no need to ask.

We have what he needs it for, just never thought of his idea.

Its for the nagging other half sitting next to you......

'you driving to close to the kerb, you driving too fast, stop looking at that man/woman blah blah nag nag na.......NER NER NER GET HELP NER NER NER GET HELP:devil:

Folks the answer is clear, no need to ask.

We have what he needs it for, just never thought of his idea.

Its for the nagging other half sitting next to you......

'you driving to close to the kerb, you driving too fast, stop looking at that man/woman'....NER NER NER GET HELP NER NER NER GET HELP:devil:

I take it this is from personal experience :devil::p:D

Yup, had the wheels off my motor twice before I found out the whine was from my other half:wallbash:

Can I ask why do you need it?:D:D

At your own peril.

I'm building an ASR Defeat for my 124-036 (500E) and in and effort to expend an inordinate amount of time to unnecessarily complicate things as well as assure everyone that it will never ever get finished I decided to make it look like it was produced by the factory. Basically, Mercedes didn't ask me so I had to do what they should have.
I mean why use 3 relays from the local auto parts store and some wire everyone has laying around when you can scour the country to find junk 500E's and pursuade the owner to sell you the correct color coded wire.
For some reason there's always silence when I ask.
Anyway all that stupidity deserves a proper case (that's the Taxi Distress Alarm) that was an original Mercedes item.
One was found on German eBay and was shipped to the USA at great cost before I knew it would fit.
It did, perfectly.
The case has 2 looms of wire exiting. For my needs they are a 4 pole for the switch and a 6 pole for the ASR computer. Of course I will use the Mercedes (made by Leopold Kostal) connectors and the proper German loom tape wrap, both salvaged from a crashed 500E of the period.
Nothing like useing used wire loom tape to get someone brought to the former use of the Imperial War Museum. <~ impressing people with knowledge of London.
Now all I need is a metric sized PCB (and someone who knows how to protype them) and some other electronic items of which are not available in the USA but readily available in countless countries where I do not speak or understand the language.
All for an item that no one will notice, they will see it in the engine compartment but will think it came from the factory.
And that's exactly the effect I wanted.

Kind Regards,
Ron
500E
E320 with soon-to-be 500E body
and a few other things.

Yup, Ron.

Now I know why you said 'dont ask why':D

Always impressed with folks who do sparky type things on thier own vehicle!

At your own peril.

I'm building an ASR Defeat for my 124-036 (500E) and in and effort to expend an inordinate amount of time to unnecessarily complicate things as well as assure everyone that it will never ever get finished I decided to make it look like it was produced by the factory. Basically, Mercedes didn't ask me so I had to do what they should have.
I mean why use 3 relays from the local auto parts store and some wire everyone has laying around when you can scour the country to find junk 500E's and pursuade the owner to sell you the correct color coded wire.
For some reason there's always silence when I ask.
Anyway all that stupidity deserves a proper case (that's the Taxi Distress Alarm) that was an original Mercedes item.
One was found on German eBay and was shipped to the USA at great cost before I knew it would fit.
It did, perfectly.
The case has 2 looms of wire exiting. For my needs they are a 4 pole for the switch and a 6 pole for the ASR computer. Of course I will use the Mercedes (made by Leopold Kostal) connectors and the proper German loom tape wrap, both salvaged from a crashed 500E of the period.
Nothing like useing used wire loom tape to get someone brought to the former use of the Imperial War Museum. <~ impressing people with knowledge of London.
Now all I need is a metric sized PCB (and someone who knows how to protype them) and some other electronic items of which are not available in the USA but readily available in countless countries where I do not speak or understand the language.
All for an item that no one will notice, they will see it in the engine compartment but will think it came from the factory.
And that's exactly the effect I wanted.

Kind Regards,
Ron
500E
E320 with soon-to-be 500E body
and a few other things.

You sir are totally barking. Which means that you will fit right in on this little old forum!:bannana: Welcome

ANd I'll be the first to say it - pics please!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom