WTD: Wind deflector for W209

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pwhite8314

Car
CLK320 (W209)
Well, I think I want it. Do they make a big difference?

Moving to bodywork . . .

Don't know about in your specific model - but in the convertables I've had including the SLK (R170) it makes a big difference. Depends how much hair you've got to blow about though. :D

What I will say is the windstop I had in my MGF was much more effective than the MB one. I did swap the OEM Mesh one for a Mike Satur Glass affair and that was 100% better. However, I can only find Plexi Glass for the SLK and I'm not too sure I like the look of them anyway - so am sticking with the mesh one for the time being. I don't know what options you have open to you, but something is most deffo better than nothing.

It also helps keep the car a bit warmer when it's cold too - meaning you can go topless more often :D

hth

I have two of these things for my CLK. On is the original MB one, plus a second one from Classic Additions (web site).

The Classic Additions one is more effective, cheaper, and has a better carry-bag.

I would recommend buying one of these things to anyone with a four seater drop-top. It's like driving a different car when the draught excluder is fitted.

Paul G

Thanks. Not that much hair to blow about, but what's left needs to be protected, so the less 80mph wind the better ;)

I used the mesh one on my SLKs all the time; other than the fact it gets filthy, and the poppers came away on the earlier versions, it was much better than not having one fitted. It's a shame that even on the new SLK they seem to have the same kind of thing, as opposed to a glass version that slides into place, as on the TT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom