WTF your honour?!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
World has gone mad.

Alas, a good percentage of the Judciary are barking mad.

But as those who hold office in the MOJ are equally so, this ought not to be a huge surprise.

The press takes comments entirely out of context in the pursuit of mass hysteria (and sales) yet again.

This particular burgular had got himself introduced to drugs while previously in prison and had managed to get clean again upon his release. The judge knows this case more than the bear-pit that is the press and felt that this individual would be better served by not being placed in prison again and being placed on a course of treatment and community work with the intention of turning his life around.

The "courage" comment has only been reported via hearsay with no regard to the context of the rest of the judge's address to the court.

Again, the press mis-represent the real story.

Well the full transcript makes for even worse reading than reported.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

There are far too many do-gooders these days. "String em up" having been burgled awhile ago they are all vermin

A very interesting reaction tonight from the elderly couple he burgled.

Having been burgled myself while we were actually in the house and having the burglar confront my wife rather than leg it when she caught him in our living room. I see absolutely no courage in in anybody who burgles somebody's home.

Had I had a gun that night I would have shot him and well deserved it would have been. When he was eventually caught and taken to court it was his 27th conviction for burglary. When you then added his convictions for assault etc you needed a calculator to figure it all out.

Take them outside and shoot them, preferably through the nuts first.

A very interesting reaction tonight from the elderly couple he burgled.

Having been burgled myself while we were actually in the house and having the burglar confront my wife rather than leg it when she caught him in our living room. I see absolutely no courage in in anybody who burgles somebody's home.

Had I had a gun that night I would have shot him and well deserved it would have been. When he was eventually caught and taken to court it was his 27th conviction for burglary. When you then added his convictions for assault etc you needed a calculator to figure it all out.

Take them outside and shoot them, preferably through the nuts first.
Couldn't agree more - as a professional educator myself the problem with this country (and many others) is that we are too soft and always make excuses for wrong doing! If there were consequences that were actually feared we would eventually start turning things around.

There are far too many do-gooders these days. "String em up" having been burgled awhile ago they are all vermin

I realise your comment was probably somewhat light hearted and I am not having a go at you in particular but what an overworked and meaningless phrase.How easily people search for instant answers. What do you prefer, "do badders"? It was "do gooders" that abolished slavery,child labour,the universal franchise,pensions,all things that were unpopular at the time.

"String em up", what, burglars, shoplifters, drunk drivers, speeders,anybody who differs from what you regard as the norm, where does it stop?

"String em up", what, burglars, shoplifters, drunk drivers, speeders,anybody who differs from what you regard as the norm, where does it stop?

Pearl white Audi A4 2.0 TDi S-Line drivers.

I realise your comment was probably somewhat light hearted and I am not having a go at you in particular but what an overworked and meaningless phrase.How easily people search for instant answers. What do you prefer, "do badders"? It was "do gooders" that abolished slavery,child labour,the universal franchise,pensions,all things that were unpopular at the time.

To be honest in an effort to shoot down his argument you have gone the way of the judge. Putting the abolishing of slavery, child labour etc in the same sentence as burglary not only doesn't help but makes a mockery of what the "do gooders" you mentioned have achieved. It shows the same misunderstanding and lack of judgment that the judge has shown when his said burglary takes courage as it made a mockery of a soldier walking 300 yards through enemy fire to save his comrade, a mockery of a working father working 16 hours to put food on the table a roof over his kids heads.

We are all faced with choices, and violating someones living space for personal gain, taking their possessions that have been earned with blood, sweat and tears does not take courage, takes nerve and wickedness. He would have shown courage if he would have said no to drugs and yes to a job.

I am not and nobody here suggested doing a Judge Dredd on the burglar (summonly executing him on the spot) but these people do not compare:

COURAGE:

Johnson Beharry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

COWARDICE:

BBC News - Watchdog to investigate judge's 'burglary takes courage' remarks

Last edited:
Your Honour ???

This is the UK , not the USA .

The correct term is My Lord .

Your Honour ???

Actually, no. It is correct to address most circuit Judges as "Your Honour" in the UK. "My Lord" (or Lady) is generally reserved for High Court / Court of Appeal Judges. High Court Masters are addressed as "Master", and lowly Magistrates or District Judges, Sir or Madam.

Your Honour ???

There are Justices, and Lord Justices. A justice would have the title, Mr Justice Pontoneer, whereas a Lord Justice would be, Lord Justice Pontoneer.

To be honest in an effort to shoot down his argument you have gone the way of the judge. Putting the abolishing of slavery, child labour etc in the same sentence as burglary not only doesn't help but makes a mockery of what the "do gooders" you mentioned have achieved. It shows the same misunderstanding and lack of judgment that the judge has shown when his said burglary takes courage as it made a mockery of a soldier walking 300 yards through enemy fire to save his comrade, a mockery of a working father working 16 hours to put food on the table a roof over his kids heads.

We are all faced with choices, and violating someones living space for personal gain, taking their possessions that have been earned with blood, sweat and tears does not take courage, takes nerve and wickedness. He would have shown courage if he would have said no to drugs and yes to a job.

I am not and nobody here suggested doing a Judge Dredd on the burglar (summonly executing him on the spot) but these people do not compare:

COURAGE:

Johnson Beharry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

COWARDICE:

BBC News - Watchdog to investigate judge's 'burglary takes courage' remarks

There were two separate points to my contribution although you seem unable to distinguish them. Firstly was my dislike of catch all shorthand phrases designed to bring someone into contempt like "do gooder" or in America, "liberal". A smear, and not even a very literate one.

Second was the concept that hanging people for offences unspecified in detail but merely as a punishment for offending people. Burglary,especially of dwelling houses is a reprehensible crime and IF the Judges remarks are accurate and in context then I think he was most foolish. However to suggest that hanging is an appropriate penalty would make us no better than those who kill people for religious offences and would make a dangerous precident.

Incidentally, draconian punishments have been shown time after time not to affect offending rates (obviously, hanging would ensure no repetition by the offender in question). Such measures always presuppose that the offender A. plans his offence, B. expects to be caught C. is bright enough to think about A and B.and D, is in fact caught.

In my long experience habitual criminals are not planners or very bright. However I concede that I only ever met those who were thick enough to be caught.

Last edited:
Two questions:

One: How did they so quickly access a loaded weapon from a locked cabinet?

Two: If shooting is legitimate in this instance why can't we all have firearms for this purpose? Are only those who feel the need to shoot an occasional rabbit allowed firearms as self defence/defence of property?
1) A Shotgun is required to be stored safely in such a way as to prevent unauthorized access. The law does not specifically state that this is a cabinet. However it is sensible to use one. Where it goes on the other hand is largely up to you...in the bedroom perhaps?

2) To legally possess a modern shotgun in the UK you are required to obtain a shotgun certificate. You are of course at liberty to do so if you wish Bellow. You might use your gun for hunting rabbits, pheasants, pigeons etc...on your own land or other land where you have gained permission from the landowner or you might use it for clay pigeon shooting.

Now, if you heard people breaking into your house, and from other reports it was an aggravated burglary so at least one of the FOUR assailants was carrying a weapon. What would you do if you had the option of quickly laying your hands on a 12 gauge and a couple of cartridges? I know what I'd do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom