Wunderpartz and Franey are Wunderbar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Olivier

MB Enthusiast
Car
E300 TD
Wwoohoo!!! Shinny :bannana:
Got the new water pump from Franey, Wunderpartz, and that was done today.
The bloody screw tap at the bottom of the rad was broken, took a wee while to get it out ... Pictures at the end.
Picture of the coolant leaking ( the rusty looking stains in the inside pulley and the front of the engine)
The pitted old pump.
The cooland, very rusty...
And the Shinny new pump :D

Attachments

• SNC11963.jpg
    SNC11963.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:
Wunderpartz are a genuine parts company that sell you at their best price always, instead of using spurious discounts.

How can I get hold of wunderpartz? I need to see if they can quote me a price on a part if they supply it?

Wunderpartz ist gutt.
They recently did me a viscous fan coupling for the E430 at about 25% of the main dealer cost ..... And a 2-year guarantee !!

Thanks Olivier

Another thumbs up for Wunderpartz from me. Bren is a top bloke and always does his absolute utmost to source quality parts at the very best prices.

Thanks chaps!
Appreciate your feedback.

On another note, been looking at this:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/classifieds-cars-sale/132616-190-2-5-diesel-auto-silver.html

.......and just for the hell of it what about dropping a 6 cyly 24v diesel in her?

Any thoughts? I am sure its do-able but would be better with a TD. I have often thought that the use of the turbotechnics kit onto the 24v diesel would get over the fact that the steering box was in the way?

The lovely coolant . Anyone for tea? :crazy:

Olivier, thanks matey, please, pull the other one, thats not coolant or tea. Don't think that you can go on a night on the tiles then p**s in a bottle the morning after and expect it to act as coolant, it won't work. Buy some proper stuff you tight monkey!

I see what I can do :D
The color of it is indeed a wee scary... It was blue a while ago...
I was told by the mecanic next door that he had the same with an Audi, took him several flush/ refill with the proper stuff to get the inside of the engine clean as the previous owner, like the one who had my car, only used water as coolant without anything else :eek: :wallbash:
fingers cross, lets hope mine wasn't that bad and that it'll be ok now...

Last edited:
Speak to DRUK - he's currently fitting a 300TD engine into a 107 SL - you supplied some of the parts. He's done a bucketload of research into what fits what, or doesn't. He's done umpteen petrol to diesel conversions over the years. He even speaks highly of you too!

Another happy constumer here , Franey and wunderpartz .

Thanks chaps!
Appreciate your feedback.

On another note, been looking at this:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/classifieds-cars-sale/132616-190-2-5-diesel-auto-silver.html

.......and just for the hell of it what about dropping a 6 cyly 24v diesel in her?

Any thoughts? I am sure its do-able but would be better with a TD. I have often thought that the use of the turbotechnics kit onto the 24v diesel would get over the fact that the steering box was in the way?

Hi Bren.

Steering box is your biggest problem.

see here...OM606 into a W201

Thanks Druk.
I know there was at one time a turbo kit for the RHD 6 cyl petrol 124 therefore the box problem was overcome there? My thinking is that the manifold be similar?

The 606 is inclined towards the steering box side and this reduces the available room (as opposed to the M103/4 which sits upright). I've yet to tackle this particular problem in my conversion but will probably go down the same road as the 210 which has a flattened and squashed downpipe to clear the steering shaft.

The 606 is inclined towards the steering box side and this reduces the available room (as opposed to the M103/4 which sits upright). I've yet to tackle this particular problem in my conversion but will probably go down the same road as the 210 which has a flattened and squashed downpipe to clear the steering shaft.

V6 steering box?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom