WW2 battery found beneath the waves...still working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Petrol Pete

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon
I read a news article today . A 12V battery from a World war 2 Fairey Barracuda torpedo bomber aircraft that had been laying on the seabed off Lee-on-sea since the aircraft was lost during the war still had a charge in it.

Maybe someone at Mercedes Benz ought to take a look at it and try to find out why many of their cars can't stand still for more than a few weeks without being dead in the water....this battery was dead in the water for about 70 years, but was not quite dead.

Moderators..how about that section on just 'Batteries' that we need on this forum ? Any progress ?

All MB need to do have the car finish it's journey with a fully charged battery (which they don't) and then shut down all the systems much more quickly and not have them start up again until you actually drive the car rather than have them start up every time you open a door without any intention of driving it.

I love the simplicity of my 40 year old motorcycle. It has zero electronic content and zero current draw when the ignition is off. The AGM battery will easily keep sufficient charge to start the engine after 6 months or more. Not that I ever leave it that long.

Judging by the trickle down response here I'm not sure there is the energy for another section. There certainly seems to be some internal resistance from the admin, but at least any potential difference in build up was left overnight prior to considering the output.

So this current topic will have limited flow, even from those that connect with it. It is surprising that there is such a frequency of repetative posts as that is normally associated with live activity, but I remain neutral.

Shocking as it sounds, Currently we have no plans to add this even though there are positive and negative opinions on it...

Cant think of any more puns right now.

Thats a down to EARTH answer...
The Positive and Negative views must be POLES apart..
(I`m here all week!").

Someone just needs to take the lead here.

Acide from all the terrible puns.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom