www.etyres.co.uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have used them twice and they've come out to my office in Guildford.
No problems at all, good service and their prices are excellent compared to the usual tyre places.

Adam - cheers - was hoping for some positive comments like that ! I have them coming tomorrow or Monday - as you say, for the service, it seems a good price :)

S.

I have used them to and it is very convenient to be able to get it all sorted on the drive. Prices were very competitive although you could find a tyre discount company may do it for £10 less for two tyres.Not worth the hassle really.

I paid about £260 or so for 2 Goodyear F1 gsd3 225/45 x17.

Am paying £470 for the same tyres.

2 x 225/45/17

2 x 245/40/17 - (there was a special offer on these :D)

Hopefully being fitted tomorrow morning.

S.

I have used etyres twice before. On both occasions i noticed that the balancing of the tyres was not 100% right as i was getting steering shake at certain speeds. A trip down to the local tyre place and rebalancing sorted this out but it should have been done right first time. Not the cheapest either.

I will keep a close eye on the balancing process . . . thanks for the info.

As for cost - the cheapest I could have got those tyres delivered to my door (I scoured the web and rang around for ages!!!) was about £410 from mytyres.co.uk - then add the hassle and time of taking my wheels somewhere local, and adding about £40-50 for fitting & balancing - so I think their prices are generally competitive.

Did you let them know about the bad balancing act ?

S.

Yes. They insisted that the steering shake was another problem unrelated to their tyre balancing!

Speaking to the guy that fitted my tyres & wheels this morning, it seems that etyres sub-let the work out to loads of different mobile tyre companies.

He was saying that he does a lot of Fleet work for the local BMW dealership, and that BMW wheels are an absolute nightmare to balance for some reason - always ends up having to re-do them !!

He was very thorough indeed - checked over each wheel with me before fitting the tyres and pointed out some tiny (microscopic!) marks - just in case I later accused him of having damaged them during the fitting - I think they must be used to getting complaints !!

I watched him balance the wheels very closely. They use a hand balancing machine in the van rather than the motorised ones that you see in tyre depots - don't know if these are more or less accurate, but I think he spent some extra time doing them after I told him that I had heard of some problems !!

Anyway - just been for a good long run - no steering wobble / shake or anything else untoward to speak of - so I'm a happy customer today :D

I guess you just got double unlucky :( Was it the same fitter that you had problems with on both occasions ?

S.

No, 2 seperate chaps. Otherwise i would have had words! :devil:

sym said:
I watched him balance the wheels very closely. They use a hand balancing machine in the van rather than the motorised ones that you see in tyre depots - don't know if these are more or less accurate, but I think he spent some extra time doing them after I told him that I had heard of some problems !!

S.

A ballancing machine in a van won't be as accurate as the van absorbs some of the imballance, whereas a concrete floor doesn't.

Balancing Wheels

I certainly wouldn't risk my car by using a company that uses a hand-balancing machine :(

Definately not as good as a motorised one on a concrete floor as previously indicated above :)

Might explain the reason for the shakes !!!

This thread is over 1.5 years old!

Useful though. Anymore experiences? I might use these.

Only £18 more than Mytyres for Good Year Eagle F1's?

Are those any good when compared to Pirelli P Zero's as I am not overly impressed with the rosso.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom