www.vehiclelicence.gov.uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
kikkthecat said:
Useful link

But Graham, somewhere that makes it quicker and easier to hand over your motoring taxes :mad:

Can that REALLY be classed as a favourite.. ??
If it means you can avoid queueing with the old dears at the post office (NOT sub-post office!) then it's definitely worth knowing :)

DVLA said:
Welcome to the DVLA's Vehicle Licensing Online

I am sorry the service is currently unavailable due to essential maintenance.

You can:
Try again later

YAWN ... I'm off down the post office ;)

Gaaah! I tried to use that last Friday and yesterday in order to renew.

All went well (if very slowly) until I put the card details in and then it kicks me out as it cannot verify card. Nothing wrong at my end-+: called bank to check.

I used the same debit card last month to renew on line for other vehicle and no problems.

Technology fails, so off to the Post office tomorrow

Sorry to put the spanner in the works! used it three times now.. no probs.. had back in 2 days on all occations printed with no errors. They've closed most the post offices by me so i like this service. One stop nearer to getting lazy-ish.

SEM said:
Sorry to put the spanner in the works! used it three times now.. no probs.. had back in 2 days on all occations printed with no errors. They've closed most the post offices by me so i like this service. One stop nearer to getting lazy-ish.

Went to the Post Office this morning to be greeted with a huge queue, any people clutching V11's, Insurance Certificates etc. Gave up.

Went back to office and tried online again. Pages were taking 10/12 seconds to load which is never a good sign, but this time it worked on the second try.

Not good enough though

still doesnt help me, as the MOT garage that I use still use the old style MOt certs, as the VOSA dudes still havent fixed the problems with the "new" MOT computer they installed 2 years ago!

Did my tax online, took 5 days to get the disk. Got pulled by Local law on day 3 of waiting, told off as no tax disk visable. Informed said copper that tax was bought, just waiting for it to arrive, no excuse he replied. So, you purchase tax disk, lose 5 days out of the year waiting to show it. No impresed. Oh and I had problems loading the pages and varifying my card too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom