www.wheelrefurbishing.co.uk

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickg

MB Enthusiast
Car
2000 SL500, 2005 Touareg 5.0 V10 diesel
These guys have been mentioned on the forum before - based in Herts nr Hemel Hempstead.
Currently they don't have space to store cars and quote a turnaround time of 3-5 days, so you have to take the wheels off your car and presumably leave it stacked on bricks for 3 days!
I spoke to them this morning and they say they are moving at the end of March so that from early April customers will be able to drive in there, leave the car, and have the wheels done in 2 days.
Is it worth the wait of doing this, or will one of the mobile operators - wicked wheels, amazing alloys etc, do a similarly thorough job of stripping down the wheel and refinishing?

Do the mobile operators fully strip, shot blast, powder coat or use two pack paint? No. It is clean up, fill and paint.

Actually the better ones do both. Minor scuffs & dings fixed & painted up on the spot but more extensive work would see the wheels vanish for a couple of days for something that just cannot be done properly in van.

... or you could borrow some old steel wheels from someone like me for a few days allowing you to continue driving your car until your wheels are done ;)

**EDIT** Just read, SL60 - my wheels wont help you I am afraid. :(

I've actually got 4 MB wheels sat in my garage (for sale!) - 16"s from my last car - SL320.
But they're the wrong offset for the SL60, and the AMG handbook that came with my car specifically says that it should only be driven with the wheels supplied.
Suppose I could swap the wheels over just to have it sat on something in the drive.
Could I possibly damage the car in any way just having it sat on the wrong wheels for a few days?

Theer is an MB approved bodyshop in Slough that offer a same day service for alloy wheel refurbishment.

The deflate the tyre on the alloy wheel, and fully respary the entire wheel etc. witht the corerct paint/layers etc.

They have done a refurb for a friend of mine and it was soo good that no one beileves that it is a refurbed wheel... He requested for extra laquer to be applied for that silk smooth mirror finish liek the OEMs. Try them an dthey will even store ur car on a ramp!!!

Flash

how can they repaint the entire wheel with a deflated tyre on it?
Anyway I want mine fully stripped down - sand blasted or whatever - and then refinished.

I cant see any harm using the wrong wheels if the car isnt to move anywhere.... Im sure they will physically go on...

I meant the entire exterieor face of the wheel (imcluding edge of the rim/lip) -it was only curb damage - the inside of the wheel si stoll orignial OEm as was masked off and is still smooth on the inside...

End of the day its entirely up to you - I was only trying to help. This is the same bodyshop that fixed up Maff's motor.

Flash

thanks for your help

Used Wicked Wheels on my Honda couple months ago, did a cracking job. They came to the office, sorted it out and were gone in 4 hours (think it was £60 per wheel). Will be using them again on the MB as its just so conveniant rather then getting stuck without a car for 2-3 days.

com said:
Used Wicked Wheels on my Honda couple months ago, did a cracking job. They came to the office, sorted it out and were gone in 4 hours (think it was £60 per wheel). Will be using them again on the MB as its just so conveniant rather then getting stuck without a car for 2-3 days.

Yeah, I used the Wicked Wheels guy who works round Canary Wharf for my C70. He is normally at the Audi dealership on Marsh Wall most Thursdays and knows his s**t!

Do you have any contact details for the place in slough?

The SL60 has massive brakes remember...

V12 said:
Do you have any contact details for the place in slough?

The SL60 has massive brakes remember...

They are as below...

R & C Motor Co.LtdWhite Hart Rd, Chalvey, Slough, Berkshire SL1 2SF Tel: 01753 529454

Flash

Anyone heard of/used Diamond Styling in Kensal Green? - recommended by George Fraser

they want about £250 per wheel to refurb my 2 piece amg's !!!

If you are around the north west area PRO CLEAN WHEELS in Prescot Merseyside. Same day service,remove tyre, sand blast, paint ( any colour) and lacquer. £ 25 a wheel. Did a spot on job on my schnitzer wheels ( bm )....They also balance, and put new valves on. When i was there a guy from Wales had travelled down to get the wheels on a porsche done. He was a car dealer and said it was worth travellin down !!!

petef said:
If you are around the north west area PRO CLEAN WHEELS in Prescot Merseyside. Same day service,remove tyre, sand blast, paint ( any colour) and lacquer. £ 25 a wheel. Did a spot on job on my schnitzer wheels ( bm )....They also balance, and put new valves on. When i was there a guy from Wales had travelled down to get the wheels on a porsche done. He was a car dealer and said it was worth travellin down !!!

Think you might be holding your map upside down! :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom