X-pipe or not to X-pipe?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Phil1968

Car
C219 CLS 500, W447 Vito 119 CDI
I'm considering options to modify the exhaust on my C219 CLS 500 & was wondering what the sound differences would be between installing an X-pipe or going true dual?

Good question. I was thinking of posting my own Q on this. Are you after more American style v8 wuffle driving around generally, or only more growl on full bore acceleration? Or both?
Both if possible ;)

X-pipes tend to be higher-pitched and more raspy while H-pipes have a lower pitch and sound more like a deep growl. In terms of horsepower and torque, there are some differences. X-pipes tend to have better power while H-pipes have better torque, comparatively speaking.

I have a secondary cat, center box/H pipe delete and X pipe fitted to my CLS 55
Apparently the X pipe scavenges better to get more exhaust gas out. Sound wise its subtle when driving steady but giving it the beans its amazing, I got my cousin to do a drive by under power so I could see how it sounded from outside, you could actually feel the sound when going past, combined with the kompressor whine it sounds amazing.

I have a secondary cat, center box/H pipe delete and X pipe fitted to my CLS 55
Apparently the X pipe scavenges better to get more exhaust gas out. Sound wise its subtle when driving steady but giving it the beans its amazing, I got my cousin to do a drive by under power so I could see how it sounded from outside, you could actually feel the sound when going past, combined with the kompressor whine it sounds amazing.
the same with my E55k..

Get some videos up if or when you do the work

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom