X Reg E320 CDI

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Reecep86

Car
E320 CDI
Evening all

I have recently purchased a E320 CDI and it started and drove home fine, stopped for fuel, stated back up fine. Got home, turned off, took my dad out, got back and then my brother wanted to see the car. Took him out to it and it doesn't turn over.
I put the key in, turn the ignition on, turn it again to start but just turns over and doesn't fire. I'm new to Mercedes so not to sure where to start.
When the ignition is on the glow plugs go on then off, there's the yellow warning triangle top middle that's on, LIM light, abs and bas?!? I think?

When I turn the jet to start all these dim but stay on and the car turns over but won't start.

Any ideas please guys? Like I said I'm new to all this so a little lost

Much appreciated in advance

Reece

Usually those lights turn up on mine when the battery is low or knackered. I have 7 of these and its usually goes away

If it turns over the battery is fine.

Crank position sensor probably because the car will not start when warm. Leave it and see if it starts when cold.

Hi all

Thank you for the replies

The car started after it was left for an hour or two and seems to be starting first time so far. It does seem like I have to hold my foot down on the throttle to get it started though?

Thanks in advance

Reece

Hi all

Thank you for the replies

The car started after it was left for an hour or two and seems to be starting first time so far. It does seem like I have to hold my foot down on the throttle to get it started though?

Thanks in advance

Reece

If the problem is your Crank position sensor, it will either cut out when the engine is hot, or fail to restart. You really need to take the car to a MB independent garage where they can test the sensor or read any stored fault codes.

As you have a diesel which I'm not familiar with, you could also have a fault in the fuel delivery. A good MB mechanic can pinpoint your problem but steer clear of the main dealer unless you want to be paying in excess of £100 ph labour:wallbash:

The car should start without your foot on the throttle.

Sounds like CPS but I would get the codes read first

Cheers again for all the helpful replies

As mentioned think I will get the code reader on it and take it from there.

Cheers

Reece

Not sure it will have a standard diagnostic port at that age. You might need to find someone with STAR.

Hi

Foot brake doesn't need to be pressed but I think I have figured out what is going on.

I noticed this morning that when turning the ignition on, the glow plug light comes on and then pretty much goes straight back off and then comes back on when the car has started then goes back out as normal.

Could this be the reason for the delayed start?

Reece

Unlikely - you could start it easily with more than one plug faulty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom