X164 Arirmatic Problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndrewOl

Car
E350 A207
Hi,
Recently changed compressor as it was not making any pressure. I have noticed that the rear of the car (2006 150K) drops on the drivers side rear every now and then. Most of time sits at the correct ride height for days without running. When it drops it immediately corrects when car is started. Don't hear compressor running too much while driving but new one is quiet so might be missing it.

Obvious suspect is rear bags so I have ordered two new ones as they look original. Odd that an air leak is intermittent though?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Andy

Decided to change bothrear bags with Aerosus units as budget is a bit tight. Quality of units is pretty good and fitting was straightforward. The unit that was leaking was original and getting the fitting out of it was very difficult. I found it impossible to get a spanner on so cut the line in the end. The top bearing on the MB unit is far more sophisticated than the Aerosus unit so I can see where the cost saving comes from. Noticed that one of the struts is leaking so that will be the next thing. Any thoughts on after market units. Seems to be a big range in costs?

I have one of their front struts, it knocks going over bumps at low speed. Seems you get what you pay for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom