X164 Front Suspension Bush

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndrewOl

Car
E350 A207
Hi,

Thinking of changing the bush on the front wishbone as the car feels a bit loose when going over bumps etc. It is a 2006 with 150K on the clock so it probably fair to say there is quite a bit of wear in the bushes. The top arm has been replaced and the arb drop links seem fine. Does anyone know if this control arm bush can be replaced without taking the whole wishbone off? The bush I'm refering to is the one with it's own housing that pushes over a spigot on the wishbone rather than the other one which is pressed into a housing in the wishbone. I think the bolt that connects the bush housing sets the camber for the front suspension.

Cheers

Andy

I am waiting for the control arms to be delivered so that i can change mine. I was told that the bushes were not available seperately. Although I am not convinced that the garage were just trying to make the job easier, and more lucrative, for themselves. They quoted $2200, but I got them (Lemfroeder OEM) for around $800. I would be interested if the bushes are available, as I will rebuild the originals as spares. No doubt they will need doing again in another 100000 miles or so. Maybe

I know this is an old thread, but I have the same problem.

I've found the housing with Bush included is on sale on ebay very cheaply. With your experience of doing the job, can you say if the bush is easily removable without special tools?

Better still, is it removable without taking the Lower control arm off the car?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom