X253 (GLC) windscreen washer issues

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paddy1972

Car
2016 GLC SE Executive
Hi there,
I had to have a new washer motor fitted to my GLC less than 6 months ago and now it seems to be playing up again. It sounds like the washer motor is working but water is not reaching the windscreen (or where it should on the windscreen.)
Has anyone else had this issue?

thanks in advance.

thanks Pete, i'll give that a try, also interested if this has happened to others before?

Think I may have fixed non operational windscreen washers ?
heated rubber feed tube where it joins first row of jets on bonnet and uncoupled it. Had to shut bonnet to operate wipers and water jets (safety aspect ?) and pumped water, very low pressure, had a can of compressed air and used it to push air back into the washer bottle to unblock anything in tube or washer motor area.
Be gentle with force of air, may hear a small bang or pop from inside water bottle - leave bottle cap off -open to allow air pressure to escape too.
Had to do it twice, seems to have worked. Will however put a hose in washer bottle now and try and flush anything by running water and letting it overflow and circulate any debris out the top. Rear washer seems to be ok now too.
Hope this remedy helps others

Several Oz owners are reporting this. It appears that Algae may be forming in the water tank. Large tank, not emptied often, heat from engine, etc. Water quality impact to sauce filter to block up and pump works, but cannot suck water to spray. May need an additive to stop algae growth - not sure what to use, maybe small amount of metho ? Do not want to damage paint or wipers.
Open to any suggestions.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom