Xbox 360 - Live - wireless adaptor questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
Hi everybody peeps :D

SOme of you may recall we got the boys an XBox360 for Christmas. We're now looking to get the live subscription going so they can play online. he best price we've found for the wireless netowrking adaptor is about £48 from PC wolrd - anybody know if it can be found any cheaper?

Also the Live subscriotiuon itself. PCWorld are doing 12 months for £34 - but I found this:

http://xboxlivesubscriptions.com/12monthssubscriptions.html?utm_medium=3

Has anyone used this type of place and is it reputable and worth it. Seems good value!!

Thanks guys :D (and gals ;) )

I would not get the wireless adaptor - get a couple of powerline / homeplug adaptors instead, we did and it works well. Wireless works well too of course but depending on location of router and construction of house it can be hit and miss

cheapo powerline adaptors

Alternately if youre the type of person who would do this, if you ring microsoft up and tell them your adapter is broken theyl send you a new one; without haveing to send the old one back!

wow! how cool is that; I'll be ringing Micro$oft one day when I get the red ring of doom*

*which I had once before, there was a thread on here about it some time ago :rolleyes:

Hi, I bought my son an XBox 360 wirless network adaptor on staurday from Game. It was in the sale at £44. Cheaper than anywhere else including eBay.

ive got a 360 and ps3 and have them both ethernet as wireless is at times not to great

i and about 6 friends have used this bloke for a year now

13 months for £28.99

http://www.jasper1675.com/newuk12gold.html

pay via paypal if your indoubt but on avforums he has a perfect reputation and i got both my codes in under an hour

zavvi were selling the wireless adapter for £30 odd due to closing, if you can get near one. However, hard wire via cat 5 to the router is the better option.

ive got a 360 and ps3 and have them both ethernet as wireless is at times not to great

Never had any problems with the WiFi on my PS3, although the router is only across the hall (2 internal walls).

Didn't realise you had to pay for online with the Xbox!

The GFP - However if that code fails and there is something dodgy, and microsoft think you are trying to do one over them, they will ban the MAC address of your 360, no more Live for that box ever again.

Looks like we'll be going with the Dixons online deal. Thanks to all for the comments/suggestions. Our wireless works fine. We have no connectivity probems with any of the PC's/Laptops and the Wii has always worked a treat. A wired connection would be a disaster in this house.

Can't source anything locally as no store has both items in stock so can't get a price match - so it'll be an eager wait for the postie - again ;)

Thanks again :)

wow! how cool is that; I'll be ringing Micro$oft one day when I get the red ring of doom*

*which I had once before, there was a thread on here about it some time ago :rolleyes:

Oh I thought that was just a bad curry the night before.............:D

The GFP - However if that code fails and there is something dodgy, and microsoft think you are trying to do one over them, they will ban the MAC address of your 360, no more Live for that box ever again.

yes very true but they are not dodgy and had an ebay feedback of around 10k

now i think he cuts out ebay

and my ps3 and router are less than 1m apart but ethernet is faster

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom