Xbox Connect Sessions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
Well, thanks to craigyb for tipping me off about xbconnect.

http://www.xbconnect.com/

Allows you to connect your Xbox to another over the internet (legit), skipping the XBOX live service.

So, having just spent the last two hours getting beaten at Project Gotham Racing 2 by Fuzzer, can we draw any more interest?

If you are able to connect via XBconnect and have PGR2 (or in my case also interested in Wolfenstein) then maybe we can arrange a time from there.

I am very poor at PGR2 and Fuzzer seems to be a champ. We had to use a BMW X5 vs. Lotus Exige handicap system to make it competetive!

GrahamC230K said:
Well, thanks to craigyb for tipping me off about xbconnect.

http://www.xbconnect.com/

Allows you to connect your Xbox to another over the internet (legit), skipping the XBOX live service.

So, having just spent the last two hours getting beaten at Project Gotham Racing 2 by Fuzzer, can we draw any more interest?

If you are able to connect via XBconnect and have PGR2 (or in my case also interested in Wolfenstein) then maybe we can arrange a time from there.

I am very poor at PGR2 and Fuzzer seems to be a champ. We had to use a BMW X5 vs. Lotus Exige handicap system to make it competetive!

You put up a good fight tho :) ohh and i was drinking too :)

Last edited:
I could be up for this guys! :D

I've re-kindled my X-box interest recently with a new telly (42" Plasma Jobbie! :bannana: )

You don't fully appreciate an X-box without a large screen and proper Hi-Fi 5.1 surround!

Anyway, I have an NTL broadband connection, a router and a couple of PC's. What do I need to connect up to the XBconnect service.

Without sounding like a dumbass, what purpose does/would a PC serve in this setup (I assume you need the PC to run some XBconnect software and log in etc?!?)

Haven't bought PGR2 yet (Have PGR1 though, plus a load of other games). As I said, it has been collecting dust for months now, but now the winter looms, a quick blast on the old Xbox seems tempting!

Will definately buy a copy if I can get the XBconnect set up! ;)

Cheers,

Will

Oh, and how many participants can you have in the various games (eg PGR2)

Would be pretty special if you could have a few members competing!

Cheers,

Will

Cool.

Will said:
Without sounding like a dumbass, what purpose does/would a PC serve in this setup (I assume you need the PC to run some XBconnect software and log in etc?!?)

The PC runs the XBconnect software, which fools the XBox into thinking it has a direct connect link cable connected to another xbox in the same room, when in fact it's on your lan and you are connecting other xbox's over the internet.

So you need a PC, windows and a broadband connection and be able to put the xbox on the same lan as the PC.

Graham,

You have PM!

Cheers,

Will

Halo 2 anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom