Xbox Live

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kinky

MB Enthusiast
Car
All sorts of odds n sods
Does anyone here run XBox Live?

Any good?

What are the speeds like (via Broadband)?

K

I've got it and it sucks big time :( I have 1152 x 288 ADSL. Got Live when it started and have just cancelled it after12 months of bad service. If you do get it don’t forget to ring them to cancel it after the 12 months is up or they’ll just take the next year from your credit card! When I rang, the woman on the end of the phone said they had loads of people cancelling it.

When you’re playing games such as UT2003 it jumps about all over the place. Just got UT2004 for the PC & its miles better, great graphics on NVIDIA FX card & no cut-offs. The graphics on Xbox can't compete with a decent PC.

Don't know if you've tried Tribes2 on the PC but thats a great game :rock:

Cheers for that boys.

Looks like I'll can the idea then.

I only asked coz a mate is selling her Xbox and ironically this afternoon - I received an e-mail offer for half-price Live connectivity.

I'll stick to my PS2 and SNES.

K

Just to reopen the debate...

I have it and get on pretty well with it, although I tend to play the driving games more for fun. I also have Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell, but have only just started playing with that.

I have old-fashioned 512k/256k broadband from BT and it works perfectly, perhaps you are using a USB ADSL modem on your PC as a server and that's adding the latency?

Ian.

No, I use an Intertex IX66 which is one of the best modem/firewalls there is. A lot of my friends are into games too and they have all got rid of the Exbox and gone back to PC systems.

If you play games such as Moto GP then it's OK sometimes as long as the American kids arn't on! But if you play anything fast such as UT2003 it crashes like mad. The graphics are also old hat now that the new generation of graphics cards are out. Exbox uses old NVidia technology.

At the end of the day I suppose it depends what your after.

My kids play xbox games over xbconnect with othr people. It emulates a lan connection which a lot of multiplayer games support, so no need for xbox live, just a PC local to run the client.

Anyone for doubles at tennis?

Craig

I should be able to get XBox Live up and running on Wednesday.

Anyone here use it currently and have either Project Gotham Racing 2 or RalliSport Challenge 2?

I have PGR2 but it's still shrink wrapped (never played it). I like Midtown Madness 2 though, lots of silliness to be had there, plus the cars seem to be reasonably realistic too.

Ian.

I have PGR2 and I'm just about to complete it. I didn't think much of it at first but the more you play it the more bloody addictive it becomes.

Why do I still play silly games at 33 :confused: :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom