XC90 ordered

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

parvez78

Car
Volvo XC90 D5 R design
Placed my order and due for delivery towards end of September!
After 10 years of Mercedes, I'm moving on.. hopefully I don't regret it!!

The new generation Volvos are such beautiful and elegant cars, with superb interiors.

Am a big fan of the V90

Placed my order and due for delivery towards end of September!
After 10 years of Mercedes, I'm moving on.. hopefully I don't regret it!!

I once deviated away from Mercedes and ordered a brand new V70. Two weeks before the warranty expired it suffered a catastrophic ECU failure. Car was repaired under warranty and then traded in for a Mercedes. Wont be going back to Volvo anytime soon. Hope your experience is better.

Alfie said:
I once deviated away from Mercedes and ordered a brand new V70. Two weeks before the warranty expired it suffered a catastrophic ECU failure. Car was repaired under warranty and then traded in for a Mercedes. Wont be going back to Volvo anytime soon. Hope your experience is better.
You're making me nervous now!!

You're making me nervous now!!

Sorry. Just keep it for 2 years and 11 months ;)

I went that way too. Got myself an xc60, had it for nearly 2 years now and love it.
It is nearly as quick as my old SLK but more comfortable. Nothing untoward so far and hope it stays that way.

I've had my XC60 from new for three and a quarter years. Not a single thing wrong, I hope you have a servicing package as Volvo likes to charge.

The new generation Volvos are such beautiful and elegant cars, with superb interiors.

Am a big fan of the V90

I've been looking at Volvo's for the last few weeks, particularly the V90 & V70 AWD estates. Unfortunately, despite having every available option I decided I could never grow to like the interiors, especially the dash layout. So I'm sticking with Mercedes. I hope you avoided the option that's furnished with rather large wood inserts that look like someone chopped up their floorboards?

Russ

Charles Morgan said:
I've had my XC60 from new for three and a quarter years. Not a single thing wrong, I hope you have a servicing package as Volvo likes to charge.
I didn't take a service pack as they told me it would be 1000 for 3 years

That's gone up! I have been charged over £400 a service and that does not include a single wear item like brake pads etc. So at three years I've paid close to £1300.

And Mercedes dont??

I spent more on servicing a 2012 E class (3 months old when bought) over 45000 miles at main dealers than I did on an S60 in 130k miles for servicing and repairs (but that was outside of main dealers..>)

So maybe its not the brand but the type of dealer!

i drove one for 100 miles a few weeks back, it drove itself on the motorway!

Big fan of the current incarnations - look great.

Can see myself in one some day but not sure when yet.

Spotted the first one I'd seen back in Feb:

My Volvo XC90 thread

NOW who says I'm getting old... :D

Just need to confirm the storage options for my slippers, tartan rug, stick and XS racing helmet.

Alfie said:

I had a Volvo that broke too

The geartronic gearbox valve body (or something) failed, a common problem

Volvo replaced it three weeks AFTER the warranty had expired

Great cars

i drove one for 100 miles a few weeks back, it drove itself on the motorway!

My C Class estate does that, took my hands off the steering wheel on the motorway approaching a right hand bend at 70mph and apart from a few beeps here and there it steered itself around the bend and showed a graphic on the dash showing no hands on the wheel!

Russ

I have a 2.25 year old XC60. Only repair has been a gear change selector that had been redesigned due to a rattle.

I also wish I had a service pack - although Nothern Services are more reasonable than Southern....

I'm just about to replace first set of rear tyres at 68k. Still on original front pads.

I've only ever had excellent reliability from Volvo. Unlike MB.

68k out of a set of tyres. Extraordinary! I thought I was doing well with 38k and 5mm of tread on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom