Xenon D2S Bulbs 5000k or 6000k?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonam

Car
Merceded CLS 320 CDi
Just need some expert advice around which bulbs 5000k or 6000k would look the best with the excellent LED side lights I purchased from Killerhetz? The stock (factory) bi-xenon fitted to my CLS look a little dull since fitting the LED’s but I don’t want the new lights to look over the top/boy racer but more like the lights I see on the newer mercs. I believe the standard bulbs are 4300K – also any recommendations on where to purchase / tips for fitting would be really helpful…I don’t want to have to take it to a dealer :(

Many thanks in advance

I fitted some 6000k tubes to my CLS and replaced them within a couple of days with the stock 4300k. They were certainly *whiter* but the light output was much reduced. I'd imagine the 5000k would be somewhere in between.

I'd stick with 4300k...

Thanks 5000k may be the way to go...I just want the lights to blend in with the LEDs but dont want to end up in a ditch on a dark lane - cheers

That settles it then - I'll give the 5000k a try - many thanks

I have a 2009 CLS grande edition and am very disappointed with the output of the factory fitted bi-xenons. They are warm in tone and do not illuminate the road ahead or immediate road very satisfactory. Certainly, you could not tell them apart for ordinary halogens, they even appear slightly weaker. New MB supplied bulbs have recently been fitted, they have been checked for alignment by MB workshop but to no avail. They are still dim. Any suggestions what course of action to take. Are all CLS bi-xenons headlights dim or just my vehicle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom