xenon lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

emma9403

I guys I live in nottingham and wanting to upgrade all my lights , parking , headlights etc and wondering if anyone knows where I can get this done? I rang my local garage and they said they don't do it. Anybody know anywhere and rough prices?! Not enjoying my yellow lights haha

Sidelights can be swapped over for LEDs, headlights can be either converted by fitting genuine MB parts + getting it coded on the STAR machine - looking at best part of a grand though.

Otherwise you can get some aftermarket Xenon headlights for around £100, these will be illegal and you will blind everyone else on the road however. + fail MOT.

Those aftermaket xenons sucks. U cant see anything on wet roads! Genuine or nothing.

I'm guessing quite a big job then? I just want all my lights white?

Sorry, can't agree with you guys on the aftermarket xenons - had some in my previous car for 3-4 years & couldn't fault them a bit.

Never failed MOT either, the legal requirement for aftermarket xenon installation is: Headlights must be auto leveling & you must have headlight washers, the rest is the lighting pattern which would be the same on your standard halogens.

Further to that, the light travelling output will depend on the Kelvin temperature of the bulbs, the higher the K the blue'er the colour (it looks brighter, but the light range is reduced), whilst a lower K will be a yellow'er colour, but will illuminate the road further ahead.

I'd say that you cant go wrong with a 5000k / 6000k kit.

Lighting pattern isnt the same as your exisiting lights, Xenon/LED light patterns are completely different & more directional, as a result you dont get the same light output by using the same lenses.

Light travelled has nothing to do with the colour temperature of the bulbs.

There are 1000s of threads on this. Aftermarket are dangerous to other road users.

I have spent a lot on converting lights on a w202. Bought some aftermarket headlights form DEPO. After 9 months they became hazy and yellow. Some wires were cut to adjust the control of the xenons a fuse was added for them. Many hour spent on aiming and adjusting the lights in the right direction and elevation. They are totally useless on rainy days where all the light reflects and u can see nothing! Conclusion: fitted again my old ones.
If u want white lights u have to find a pair o genuine headlights or you can switch to Philips white vision H7 and led lights for tail and repeaters and position.
Cheers from ALBANIA!!!

Emma, it might be best to have a chat with these guys. http://www.banningsonline.com/ who I have used previously. They may not be near you but I am sure you can get lots of useful info out of them.

Cheers

Last edited:
Lighting pattern isnt the same as your exisiting lights, Xenon/LED light patterns are completely different & more directional, as a result you dont get the same light output by using the same lenses.

Light travelled has nothing to do with the colour temperature of the bulbs.

There are 1000s of threads on this. Aftermarket are dangerous to other road users.

There are two sets of opinions online on this topic which always divide into the extremes of both scenarios, if the lighting pattern is changed as you are describing it does killer - why would my car pass mot when the pattern is tested?

Again, I have to say I disagree on that one.

No idea how your passing, count yourself lucky :D

I have looked on eBay and can find the lights I need but just don't know how complicated it is to change them?

The best way to start is to change your headlight bulbs to something like Philips X-tremeVision. These are way better in both the light output and the range on the road compared to standard bulbs.

This will be easier to fit and stay legal. At a cost of under £30.

Attachments

• Xtreme.jpg
    Xtreme.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom