Xenon problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Comander

Car
E270
I have a W211 E270 with Bi-xenons. On a recent journey it was apparent that my headlights were malfunctioning. We were going on holiday so the boot was unusually full. At times they seemed to be pointing too low and then they would wave up and down, point too high for a short while and then wave again settling too low. The whole process was repeated several times a minute.

Having arrived at our destination I unloaded the car. I had a spotter drive in front of me (it was by now daylight) as I drove with my lights on. I was told that they seemed normal except that when I drove over a sleeping policeman, after my rear wheels had passed over the hump, they seemed to shine high for a short time (1 second or so, as if they were re-setting).

Any information would be appreciated especially if it includes a solution and even more so if that solution is free to implement. I love free don’t you?

Check that the level sensors are connected securely firstly. There is one at the front and one at the back.

Thanks Olly, I found what I think is the front level sensor. All is connected OK except for the arm that attaches the sensor to the upper wishbone (is this the right sensor?), which is snapped at the suspension end bracket. Do you know whether or not I can replace just the arm or do I need the whole shooting match?

Broken Sensor arm

I wondered what the resolution was for the broken sensor arm?

I have just established that my W211 has the same problem - the weld attaching the sensor arm to the wishbone is broken and the arm has slowly sagged to the point where it was horizontal and cutting in to the tyre every time I turned sharp right? Looks like another expensive repair?! I would be interested to know what the fix was.

Many thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom