Xenon Question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mayoga

Car
CLK 320 & Elise LB RT
Hi All

I've just noticed that my right light is not as the same level as the left light and as they are self levelling is there anything I can do to fix the problem or is it back to the MB dealer to fix the problem?

Cheers

Gav

I think mine's the same, its so you don't blind on-coming cars but it lights up the left side of the road. This is why you have to adjust them before driving abroad, as you'd dazzle drivers in europe.

I checked on the way home last night and mine are the same as yours, the right light is much lower.

Cheers Richard.

Gav.

Thanks for the info there guys..... I have exactly the same charateristics with the bi xenons on my motor - the left hand side lamp is higher than the right hand side..... i kind of guessed that the reason why the left hand side is higher than the right is so that we dont blind oncoming traffic...

However, the headlamps are quite easily to self adjust the height - thats if u want to blind plp :crazy:

Flash

How do you adjust the Xenon's to drive abroad safely... I plan a trip soon and would like to avoid blinding oncoming vehicles even more than we seem to in the UK...

How did this thread manage to spend so long in the wrong section? :) Moving to electronics...

RichieRuss2000 said:
How do you adjust the Xenon's to drive abroad safely... I plan a trip soon and would like to avoid blinding oncoming vehicles even more than we seem to in the UK...

Check your hand book. On mine you can move a lever behind the lights to adjust them, I don't know if that applies to all models but it does to the W211 and current S class.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom