xenon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

graham964

Car
mercedes cls 320cdi
Hi All
I have just bought a 2009MY CLS320CDI with lots of nice options, however I was somewhat surprised at the abscence of headlamp washers. Is it possible to retrofit?

The car is under MB warranty will this be invalidated if I buy xenon bulbs and power supply?

cheers

Graham

I thought all CLS came with headlamp washers even if they didn't have Xenons ...

Hi
There are cutouts in the bumper for them, but the headlamps were dry when I washed the screen. The bumper was taken off by the dealer when they repaired the parkatronic perhaps they didn't connect the washers.

It may pay you to read your car manual. My car's a MY2009, too, and the headlamp washers only operate with every 6th operation of the screenwash button when the headlights are on.

Hi
There are cutouts in the bumper for them, but the headlamps were dry when I washed the screen. The bumper was taken off by the dealer when they repaired the parkatronic perhaps they didn't connect the washers.

there should be a separate button for headlamp wash near the light switch ..

Hi Gordon
I thought you were on to something, my car came on a private plate and it is the facelift model (May 2008), however the manual lists the headlamp wash as an option maybe this was standardised on slightly later cars. (I have just spent 10minutes in the car spraying the windows (many times) with the lights on and engine running to no effect just in case).
cheers

Graham

I have a CLS320 CDI, there are indeed cutouts for the washers, but unfortunately I do not have any... There is nothing under the cut outs. Usually there is also a button by the headlamp switch.

Is it possible the car was in an accident and repaired on the cheap ?

Well, if you have the cutouts, you have got past one major hurdle to retrofitting washers which is the normal (well, on most Mercedes) which is the requirement for a new front bumper.

Looking at the parts catalogue for CLS, indeed the front bumper only changes for parktronic or USA or AMG packages and not for option 600 (headlamp washers)

There are different flaps for CLS with and without option 600, and them come already sprayed in the correct colour.

The wiring harness is also available (RHD: A211 540 61 06) and thus I suspect this is quite an easy retrofit !

Looks like you need
a) new bumper flaps
b) wiring
c) new washer tank
d) a load of hoses (all shown in EPCnet) and the washer jet things

I'd also consider fitting the heated washer reservoir system (option 875) at the same time if you're playing in that area !!

Cheers

Richard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom